Senior Systems Engineer, Commercial Pre-Sales (Converged Systems)
MinnesotaJob ID R86903 Date posted Jul. 11, 2019
Location: Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota
Dell Technologies is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Dell leads the industry by offering an unmatched portfolio of converged infrastructure (CI) and hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) platforms, trusted by over 1,000 businesses and enterprise organizations around the globe to power their IT initiatives.
Think you’re up to the challenge? We’re experiencing dramatic and unprecedented growth worldwide. It’s no surprise considering that we’re the company driving the future of converged, hyper-converged and hybrid cloud technologies. Take your career to the next level and join the Dell collaboration of bold thinkers who are developing the world’s most advanced CI & HCI technologies.
Role: Sr vArchitect (Sr Presales Engineer)
The Sr vArchitect will provide technical expertise in support of presales activities in the assigned region. Gather requirements, perform analysis, and design fully integrated technology solutions. Technical emphasis is on CI & HCI platforms including virtualization, compute, network, storage, management, orchestration, and application requirements. This opportunity is ideal for a proven presales professional with direct contacts and experience in the enterprise account space. We are seeking highly technical individuals who are results driven with the ability to influence others to achieve results.
The Sr vArchitect will be required to make technical and sales presentations to customer’s business decision makers and technical staff with assistance and leadership from the Account Manager. Must be able to understand Dell EMC, VMware, Cisco and competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market. Assist the Account Manager in sales campaigns by developing technical responses to customer’s requests and proposals:
- Define solutions with sales team to support customer business requirements and future strategies.
- Leverage knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to solutions and train the account and partner teams.
- Establish relationships with the parent account teams, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engage and leverage corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- Executes technical sales calls.
- Configures and documents software, hardware and service solutions to meet customers and sales objectives.
- Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects, and management.
- Possess detailed product/technology/industry knowledge of job associated software and applications.
Pre-sales expertise in complex sales campaigns focused on data center solutions. Highly organized and seasoned technical pre-sales expert with exceptional relationship development skills coupled with a history of consistent goal achievement within a highly resource-matrixes environment. Additional:
- Must have 8+ years of experience in a customer-facing role and a bachelor’s degree.
- VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV) preferred.
- Dell EMC Proven Professional and/or Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Design Specialist preferred.
- Technical account management experience coupled with a consultative approach.
- Must have highly effective communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL and Service Management, along with orchestration is preferred. Applications and knowledge of their effect on IT are highly desired.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to grow your career with Dell Technologies.
Dell Technologies is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.