Manager, System Engineering (Enterprise Pre-Sales)
Remote - Iowa, United States, Remote - Kansas, United States;Remote - Minnesota, United States;Remote - Nebraska, United StatesJob ID R035151 Date posted Sep. 12, 2019
Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At DELL EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 70,000+ DELL EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
- This SE Manager will have the ability to lead a pre-sales team to protect and grow market share.
- Manages all activities of the pre-sales resources. In conjunction with sales and Services management develops strategies to direct resources toward the largest and most profitable DELL EMC opportunities.
- As a business partner with sales management, manages the organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and alignment of all technical resources with clear divisional services bookings and product revenue goals.
- Provides advice and counsel to sales management in the effective use and deployment of technical resources. Must maintain close alignment with sales, Services Delivery management, and other management functions.
- Effectively articulates externally and internally once EMC GTM strategy.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects account penetration strategies including account specific product and service sales plans for all accounts.
- Uses knowledge of competitive solutions to help the sales and technical organizations to propose the most optimal DELL EMC solution for the customer thereby allowing the sales and technical to effectively address and dispel customer objections to the proposed solution(s).
- Develops business networks across the organization and customer based in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- Executes programs for the TC community Inspects technical sales plans? Insures that sales and technical organizations are properly aligned to achieve objectives and TCE.
- Management of the technical resource plan for the District Inspects configuration and documentation of DELL EMC software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives.
- Ensures compliance of presales documentation. Internally qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Orchestrates and leads District Sales and Services Leadership Meetings.
- Develops IDP for direct reports
- Responsible for bookings.
- Manages escalations and follow through until successfully resolved.
- Possesses strong, detailed product/technology/industry knowledge.
- Knowledge of job associated software and applications.
- Maintains strong understanding of the competitive landscape within the respective territory. Typically responsible for a several districts or large area.
Skills and Experience:
- Typically 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience coupled with a Bachelor's degree
- Typically requires 2+ years managerial/leadership experience
- Broad technology career exposure
- Experience recruiting and developing technical resources
- Leverages a data driven approach to running their business
- Highly Effective, Collaborative, Proactive communications skills: written and verbal, technical and executive levels
- Good relationship building skills
- Experience operating in a matrix organization is a plus
- Technical background in some of the contexts our customers operate such as virtualization, cloud, mission critical applications, databases, etc.
- Excellent presentation and customer facing skills. As a leader and steward in the company you will be asked to present to customers and internally, strategic DELL EMC GTM messages in formats such as EBCs, boot camps, User Groups, etc..
- Develops IDP for direct reports
- EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
- Previous hands-on experience in the data center environment, with expertise spanning storage, BRS, virtualization, convergence, Cloud and/or Big Data
- Customer focused
- Communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management.
- Ability to manage in a matrix environment.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.