Technical Account Manager | Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
Minneapolis,Minnesota, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1915735-1 Date posted Dec. 03, 2019
***LOCATION: Although this is a home-office based position, applicants must live near the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area since the TAM will spend most of his/her time at customer sites and must be able to travel 30% locally/regionally within the assigned territory***
Before you apply, ask yourself…
Do you “live and breathe” the VMware core stack of products?
Are your dreams filled with vSphere, vCenter, ESXi, vRealize, vSAN, and VMware Cloud Foundation?
Do you already have your VCP Certification (or could you get it within the next 90 days)?
Do you have proven experience with large/global clients?
Technical Account Manager (TAM)
You will consult closely with customers to ensure their satisfaction and return on investment of VMware solutions. You are the customer’s primary liaison into VMware and are accountable for identifying and directly addressing all business and technical issues impacting customer success.
You will engage resources across the entire VMware organization (sales, product management, education, R&D, and support). You will actively expand adoption of VMware solutions within accounts by driving relationships at every level, both internally and externally, to influence positive change. In addition to the customer facing activities, TAMs report key account metrics and insight to VMware internal teams and contribute to TAM program development activities.
- Customer Advocate; extraordinary customer liaison
- Map VMware solutions to the customer’s unique business and technical requirements to ensure strategic long-term value
- Understand the customer’s relevant business challenges while functioning as a trusted advisor for “best practices” and drive adoption of VMware solutions within your assigned accounts
- Agility: respond to the needs of your customers with confidence and ease
- Provide project leadership, coordination and architectural guidance for the customer’s major VMware initiatives
- Maintain high-level technical knowledge of core VMware solutions and future product direction
- Manage and own contending requests across multiple client engagements
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware product management teams based on customer use-cases and requirements
- Support customer business objectives by effectively bringing to bear TAM program deliverables
- Must have experience with VMware’s core stack of products
- Must have VMware Certified Professional Certification (VCP) 5 or greater certification preferred (or be able to get it within 90 days)
- Location: Candidates must live in the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area
- Travel: Ability to travel up to 30% regionally (NOTE: Most travel will be local from your home office to clients in greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area and within the nearby region, but there will likely be 3-4 conferences or training that require travel throughout the year)
- Must have proven experience with global/enterprise-level accounts
- Degree: Bachelor’s degree preferred or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Business insight and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence change
- Understanding of consulting processes (project lifecycle, road map alignment)
- Validated technical background in at least 1 of the following areas: data center infrastructure, operating systems, desktop deployments, mobility, networking, security, system administration and technical architecture; preferably with industry certifications
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with all levels of personnel
- Agile and able to adjust quickly to many different situations and challenges
- Effective at working independently and in a virtual team setting
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle contending client demands
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
At VMware we have EPIC2 Values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community are what define us. Learn more about our values on our careers website: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/life-at-vmware.html. We want to hire epic people who enhance our diverse culture – people who will push us, amaze us and drive us forward. In return, we offer the freedom to define and lead your future. VMware diversity: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/people-at-vmware.html