Sr. Digital Transformation Strategist | Minneapolis
Minneapolis, MinnesotaJob ID R1906415 Date posted May. 20, 2019
***Location: Candidates must live in the greater Minneapolis area***
As a Sr. Digital Transformation Strategist, you will focus on highly-strategic aspects of Enterprise Solution Architecture in our Enterprise Account segment as you provide the technical leadership for customers strategic IT programs and initiatives. You will lead and work closely with our customers, Client Executives, Pre-Sales Solutions Engineers, our extended specialist teams, and our executive leadership team in developing complex and transformational business and technology strategies and solutions.
Your role as is to build a path to our customers desired future state so that they may achieve their business aligned IT objectives. You will do this by clarifying the understanding of their current state, documenting their desired future state vision, performing a gap analysis, and creating notational architectures and roadmaps that leverages VMWare’s products and services to deliver world class value-based outcomes. Building solutions may include activities such as executing workshops, conducting client interviews, doing secondary research, soliciting guidance from account teams and industry specialists, and working with technical specialists and product managers. In the ESA role you will have the chance to leverage your architectural, engineering, and IT leadership skills, as well as your industry knowledge and your knowledge of VMware’s transformational portfolio to shape the next generation of our customer’s integrated business and IT capabilities. As a Sr. Digital Transformation Strategist your role will be strategic, impactful, visible, and rewarding.
JOB ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development of strategic solutions and initiatives of our key customers.
- Understand the customer's business objectives, IT initiatives, and IT environment and match them with VMware’s value proposition, vision, technologies and services in order to create a value outcome based solution.
- Conduct workshops with customer stakeholders to identify business and technical requirements, current state gaps, as well as opportunities and inhibitors.
- Develop customer specific architectures, solution roadmaps, proposals, and business plans.
- Coordinate solution proposals with potential partners, VARs and software vendors.
- Participate in the identification, qualification and prioritization of an opportunity pipeline.
- Collaborate with the sales and pre-sales teams, specialists, and service sales organization throughout opportunities and in development stages
- Pro-actively maintain expertise of VMware technologies via provided enablement and internal training offerings.
- Maintain technical and business knowledge of industry direction and trends.
- Maintain working knowledge of competitive offerings and architectures.
- Author blogs, technical articles or white paper based on experiences and participate in regional Marketing Events.
- 8+ years experience in Information Technology (IT)
- IT Team/Departmental Leadership OR pre-sales customer-facing experience
- Experience in developing, positioning, and implementing business aligned IT strategies, architectures, roadmaps, and proposals.
- Strong listening and question based consultative skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to effectively present to audiences and adjust to level of role and understanding. Including executive audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
Travel: Although this is a home office-based position, travel could be up to 50% to customer sites (local/regionally) and conferences as needed. Most travel will be regional but will include some occasional overnight travel.
Visa/Sponsorship Note: This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
- Broad, domain level architectural understanding of:
- Current Technology Trends
- Digital Transformation and Modernization Technologies and Practices
- Cloud Computing
- Software Defined Data Center
- Platform Design and Architecture
- End User and Mobile Computing Design & Architecture
- IT Operating Model Processes
- IT Governance
- Modern IT Organization Roles & Responsibilities
- IT Business drivers and financial operations
- BA/BS required with Masters Preferred or Equivalent Industry Experience.
- Professional experience building out solutions with VMware technologies and cloud-based technologies.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Solution design, implementation, and consultation experience.
- Advanced certifications (Examples include: ITIL, CISSP, VCP, VCDX) a plus.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.