Java Platform Architect
Minneapolis,Job ID 1886420 Date posted Oct. 03, 2019
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You have expertise in changing the software development lifecycle and want to be part of the next wave of cloud native applications. You have extensive knowledge of software development landscape to help the sales and field engineering teams to propose the most optimal solutions for our customers. You also have the desire and ability to travel within your assigned territory. Above all, you have a customer-focused mindset and are a hands-on technical expert to support the sales activities in your region.
This is a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences and rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Labs and Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Our team is growing exponentially as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud native applications to drive customer engagement.
Required Skills / Experiences
- 7+ years of experience as a hands-on software architect ideally in a customer facing capacity
- 1+ years of experience in software development, including languages, systems and frameworks such as Spring, Ruby/Rails, Go, messaging (RabbitMQ/AMQP, JMS), RDBMS, NoSQL and Hadoop
- Understanding of cloud application design principles (such as those found at http://12factor.net)
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment technologies such as Jenkins, Concourse, GoCD, CircleCI, Artifactory and Github/Gitlab
- Experience with modern software build tools including Maven, Gradle and Bundler
- Understanding of agile software delivery principles
- Familiarity with Netflix OSS cloud services such as Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon and Zuul
- Pays attention to software development/architecture trends and new best practices
- Has a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive customer interest in Pivotal technologies
- Understanding of PaaS offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture' and offer solutions to make it better
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
- Experience using and/or developing on a Unix/Linux platform
- Analytical ability, problem solving skills and decision-making skills
- Ability to travel up 25% regionally
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Prior experience presenting to Director level and above stakeholders
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.