Technical Sales Representative (Inside PreSales), Italy - Milan
Milan, ItalyJob ID R90596 Date posted Aug. 08, 2019
Technical Sales Representative
If you are passionate about getting hands-on with technology and eager to further your career in a technically innovative environment, Dell is the place to be. Our enterprise solutions allow companies to efficiently extract value from their intellectual property. Within GC&N (Global Compute & Networking) presales organization, we are looking for a Technical Sales Representative to join us in Milan.
Dell EMC is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
- Be a real sales maker. Using technical skills to be a real customer trusted advisor
- Be a pillar of large sales & presales teams. Been accountable, trusted by his/her virtual team and respective of demanding SLA's
- Be accountable for Networking sales
- Overcome customers technical objections and position Dell EMC against competition, focusing on what the customer needs
- Position effectively Dell EMC strategic messages around Digital & IT transformations
- Able to effectively present individual weekly performance metrics to peers and management
- Technical expertise regarding server architectures, Operating Systems and networking
- 3+ years of experience in technical or service sales (outside our inside roles)
- Understanding of both legacy and software defined storage implementations
- Able to communicate efficiently to customers, partners and virtual team by phone & email
- Able to work effectively with an extended team in a challenging sales environment
- Able to architect and sell a complex Enterprise solution to the customer
- Demonstrated proficiency in the English language
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g., physics or mathematics), or relevant practical experience.
- MCSE, VTSP and other technical certifications good to have and highly valued
- Demonstrated initiative in seeking out projects that improve technical skill set, technological efficiencies, quality of product, sales opportunity and leads.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.