Datacenter Field Sales Engineer
Milan, ItalyJob ID R031101 Date posted Sep. 06, 2019
Datacenter Field Sales Engineer – Milan
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Datacenter Field Sales Engineer on our Global Compute & Networking in Milan.
You will work with our existing sales teams, translating the technical requirements of our largest customers into enterprise solutions. This will involve:
- Driving the technical discussions with customers to close and deliver the solutions and meet targets, engaging with other subject matter experts or services as necessary
- Becoming the technical knowledge resource for the sales department and identifying development areas in knowledge levels
- Conduct technical white board sessions to evaluate and make recommendations is a must; the candidate will translate a customer’s technical requirements to a Dell solution including mapping from “as is” to “to be” state resulting in billable Proof of Concept (POC).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent within a technical field
- Solid experience in technical consultative presales of enterprise solutions (at least 5-7 years)
- Thorough understanding of x86 servers architectures, storage, associated storage area networks and enterprise software
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with sales teams with the ability to define client solutions through RFI’s and RFP’s
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both Italian and English
- IT Industry certifications such as Dell, EMC, MCSE, PMI, WMware, CompTIA
- Advanced Data Center Server expertise as it relates to cloud architecture, virtualization and/or convergence/hyper-convergence, HPC, devops, big data, etc
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.