Client Solution Architect - Milan
Milan, ItalyJob ID R1810933-1 Date posted Feb. 11, 2019
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
As a VMware Solutions Architect in Professional Services Organization (PSO Team) , you will work on an agreed set of customers ager in understanding their detailed business requirements before mapping that requirement to a technology portfolio
This is a highly visible position working in a collaborative, fast-growing and flexible working environment.
As the Architect in the Account you will be required to orchestrate the different elements of the customers digital transformation journey. This could include not only the technical design but also the customers operational transformation through the liaison with our own in house operational transformation and advisory teams.
In addition, you will:
- Required to work in a matrix organisation understand the stakeholders within accounts as well as internally
- Pull together engineered hardware, software, and third-party solutions to meet the customers business need.
- Speak at industry events to articulate how customers have transformed their business and the advantages achieved
- Oversee any POC’s and document the outcome as part of the value proposition
- Build a strong partnership with PSO CSEs.
- Keep up to date with industry trends within the Hybrid and MultiCloud landscape
- Mentor other systems engineers
- Strong background in pre-sales either in an enterprise software organization and/or one of the big consulting companies
- Experience with some of the following technology areas:
Networking and Security design best practice (SDN)
Software designed datacenter ( SDDC )
Multi Cloud design methodologies
Software Designed Storage methodologies (SDS)
Digital Workspace design best practice
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Ability to see and understand the bigger picture before offering solutions to the customer
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Strong listening and question based selling skills
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to resolve those challenges
- Experience with enterprise applications, security, systems management, and business continuity solutions (an advantage)
- Fluent Italian and English – Spanish (optional)
At VMware, your On-Target Earnings are real, not virtual. We offer an attractive base salary plus a monthly commission that is tied directly to your team’s quota attainment. Of course, given our growth, many of our teams surpass quota and enjoy the benefits of a plan that includes commission accelerators.
We truly believe in the Power of Human Difference. We celebrate our people from a wide variety of dynamic backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We deliver transformative IT solutions by building a community that is inclusive and diverse. The passion and collaboration you will find in joining VMware is what makes this opportunity one of the most attractive in the market.
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. VMware enables people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join the community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as VMware envisions and creates what is next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fuelled by the transformative products and solutions it brings to market, the passion and trust it inspires in its customers, and the collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 14,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, VMware is passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.