Network Security Senior Advisor, Cybersecurity Operations (SRO)
MexicoJob ID R032175 Date posted Aug. 26, 2019
Network Security Senior Advisor, Cybersecurity Operations
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
We are currently seeking a Network Security Sr. Advisor to join our Security & Resiliency team, based in Mexico.
- In-depth disciplinary knowledge; leverages business acumen and subject matter expertise.
- Provides deep subject matter expertise, advice and program delivery.
- Contributes to the development of new techniques and plans within area of expertise.
- In-depth understanding of Dell goals, customer requirements and knowledge of competitor practices.
- Thorough understanding of Dell business priorities, strategy and direction.
- Thorough understanding and management of customer business needs and expectations.
- Manages projects and program execution
- Works on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables.
- Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations.
- Develops innovative and creative output based on interpretation and analysis that improve business performance and contribute to corporate goals and strategic intent.
- Opportunity/risk analyses
- Cost/benefit analyses
- Pricing models
- Anticipates operational, program, and implementation issues and develops preventative measures.
- Adapts projects, programs or methods based on customer or business partner feedback.
- Work is guided by business plans for the discipline.
- Actively participates in setting area objectives to meet plans.
- Escalates matters of business risk.
- Influences others through their professional/technical expertise.
- Manages critical projects, customer engagements or business processes.
- Guides completion of major projects or customer engagements.
- Allocates work and mentors others.
- Contributes to the area through delivery of end results and contribution to planning for the area.
- Provides thought leadership, guidance and advice in own field.
- Works across the organization to
- effectively obtain and allocate resources to complete programs and projects on time.
- Adapts communication techniques for audiences at multiple internal and external levels.
- Presents facts and information to negotiate mutually acceptable solutions.
- Delegates clearly and comfortably.
- Cultivates, develops and manages strong, lasting customer relationships at senior management level.
- May manage vendor relationships.
- Knowledge of certificate lifecycle management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field is preferred. Equivalent work experience can be substituted for educational requirements
- 7+ years of working knowledge deploying/maintaining LAN and WAN infrastructures, and security
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches
- Experience with security processes and documentation
- Experience with firewalls/IDS preferable Checkpoint, Palo Alto or SonicWALL
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- BA or BS degree in CS, Information Systems, or a related field ITIL Certification