Directory Services Advisor, Cybersecurity Operations (SRO)
MexicoJob ID R86923 Date posted Jan. 11, 2019
Directory Services Advisor, Cybersecurity Operations
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
We are currently seeking a Directory Services Advisor to join our Security & Resiliency team. The ideal candidate will be adaptable and fast-moving, with the ability to independently work on daily activities that ensure the overall health of the organization from an administrative perspective. The chosen candidate must have experience supporting & managing a large Enterprise / Multi-domain AD Forest (50,000+ Object).
- Experience supporting & managing a large Enterprise / Multi-domain AD Forest (50,000+ Object)
- Experience developing and executing migrations from cloud and other third party directory services to on premises directories. Related experience extending on-premises directory services to Office 365
- Experience working with developers and leading the effort to document directory services application dependencies and integration points.
- Project based experience extending Active Directory to cloud services such as AWS and Azure
- Knowledge of Active Directory Sites and Services in a complex network with hundreds of sites with varying levels of connectivity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Implementation, and maintenance of large-scale systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
- Experience supporting complex computing infrastructure solutions in a large-scale data center environment
- Knowledge of virtualization concepts and design principles
- Extensive experience with performance analysis, tuning and optimizing
- Understanding of operational challenges and dependencies as they relate to infrastructure decisions
- Sensitivity to security best practices as related to infrastructure and application architectures
- In-depth understanding of Dell goals, customer requirements and knowledge of competitor practices
- Scripting, Automation, and Configuration Management; experience writing complex PowerShell scripts to support Active Directory.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred (equivalent work experience can be substituted for educational requirements)
- 5+ years of working knowledge deploying/maintaining AD infrastructures and security
- Managing, maintaining and monitoring the infrastructure that supports user authentication
- Serving on integrated teams resolving problems escalated to Tier 2 or 3 support
- Understanding and troubleshooting of LDAP in applications.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of DNS and Networking
- In-depth knowledge, Experience and deep Understanding of: Active Directory (AD) Attributes, LDAP Queries, PowerShell Scripting to Modify AD Attributes, Group Policy Analysis, GPO Configuration & Item-Level Targeting, and Workstation Configuration
- Knowledge of SSL certificate lifecycle management
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Understanding and troubleshooting Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016