Virtustream - Technical Project Manager
Melbourne, AustraliaJob ID R030847 Date posted Aug. 15, 2019
Virtustream - Technical Project Manager (Asia-pacific)
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager based in either Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra to join our Virtustream business.
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
The culture here at Virtustream is entrepreneurial, driven and exciting. Being at the forefront of cloud technology means we adapt to change rapidly. This makes for an exciting and dynamic work environment. We are always on the lookout for ways to improve through automation and we provide you the autonomy for finding better ways to do things. See something that you think would work better a different way, tell us and we support the next steps.
- Works in tandem with customers, internal executive sponsors, stakeholders, and technical team managers to achieve business goals by leading multiple small to medium sized cloud and infrastructure projects or a large scale programmes with defined beginning and end.
- Partners with project sponsor to define project objectives, scope, schedule, and budget. Establishes project charter, plan and level of effort, including success criteria.
- Leads the development, implementation and execution of multiple (or large scale) project plans; ensures scope, schedule, and budget are established and met; defines project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Builds and maintains programme/project roadmap for projects with long duration.
- Leads project meetings, activities, tasks, and manages technical project team members to ensure project objectives are achieved within prescribed timeframe and budget. Assesses project risks and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction levels.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate business and technical objectives and issues as they relate to project.
- Reviews, evaluates, formulates and executes project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Tracks and executes project progress with respect to time, budget and target versus actuals.
- Communicates progress to customers, internal executive sponsors, stakeholders, and managers, and revises schedules as required.
- Negotiates with customers, staff and outside vendors as required.
- Applies effective project management and control techniques.
- Recommends changes to the project approach consistent with achieving broader goals.
- Provides input to and may assist in preparation of technical staff performance evaluations.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and guidance to project team members and others.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Successful leadership/management experience
- Demonstrable end-to-end delivery of complex programmes
- Global delivery experience
- Business acumen and clear understanding of cloud model
- Solid knowledge and experience in computing infrastructure & deployment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Primary English)
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong change management skills and ability to influence others
- Bachelor’s degree in computing technology related fields (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, MIS) or equivalent work experience is required
- Consulting experience, including managing IT technical projects
- Be able to travel when necessary for both domestic and international locations
- Project/Programme Management/PMP Certification is required.
- Australian citizen with a Defense clearance
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have what it takes to bring innovative new products and services to life in collaboration with world-class experts, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.