Senior Technical Consultant - End User Computing
Melbourne, AustraliaJob ID R032114 Date posted Aug. 27, 2019
The Senior Technical Consultant, EUC Deployment Services, is a senior delivery resource with deep subject matter expertise in a broad range of EUC technologies and offerings. These include Windows 10 design, implementation and migration, endpoint management (e.g. SCCM, Intune, Workspace One), client application packaging and management, desktop deployment process optimisation and automation, and endpoint cybersecurity.
- Maintain billable utilisation on local and regional strategic projects commensurate with skills and experience. Utilisation target will be agreed and established during on boarding.
- Participation in ANZ and APJ EUC Deployment Services Technical Communities of Practice
- Contribution to IP Development across the Windows 10, Optimised Deployment and Application Packaging portfolio
- Peer review and oversight of delivery projects
- Ensuring delivery frameworks are maintained and relevant based on new IP
- Supporting ANZ and APJ initiatives through consulting and engagement
- Representation of Dell in relevant outside technical forums and with strategic partners for example Microsoft.
The EUC Deployment Services Technical Consultant will require a high degree of self-motivation, and must be able to work both independently, as a Leader and as a team member when engaged on a project. Individuals are expected to maintain current understanding of Active Directory, Microsoft MDT, USMT, SCCM, and Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 SOE Design and Migration / Deployment, as well as application packaging tools and techniques. Candidates should be able to assume leadership on engagements in a project delivery context as well as leadership of internal virtual teams and work without direct supervision, interfacing with customer IT and business-function leaders in a customer context whilst also engaging internally across ANZ and the APJ Region.
- Minimum 10 Years Consulting Experience
- Recommended 12 Years Project Delivery Experience
- Proven track record of consulting delivery (technical business case, detailed architecture design)
- Proven Track record of best practice migration planning and execution
- Demonstrable executive communication skills
- Demonstrable business and financial acumen
- Understanding of ITIL Foundation
- Highly developed planning, design and implementation skills
- Detailed knowledge of operational readiness processes
- Detailed knowledge of desktop lifecycle management process
- Detailed knowledge of Best Practice Design and Migration; SOE / MOE, Imaging, Application Packaging and Optimised Deployment. WaaS
- Systems Management Technologies Design and Implementation (SCCM, Intune, Workspace One etc). Current relevant Microsoft certifications.
- Peripheral tools and third party technologies (MDT etc)
- Highly experienced Microsoft Directory Design (e.g. Group Policy etc)