Cloud Solutions Architect - VMware Cloud on AWS
Melbourne, AustraliaJob ID R1902094-2 Date posted Mar. 19, 2019
Our customers are in a state of continuous transformation, leveraging a combination of public and private clouds as a means to innovate. VMware is surging on record growth across its security, cloud and mobility solutions. To meet this demand, we are hiring.
Join our dynamic company and become part of our pre-sales engineering team.
The Cloud Management Architect will focus on helping our customers to bring modern automation and operation capabilities across both hybrid and multi-cloud solutions in the enterprise, government, and commercial space.
This role requires strong architectural skills, experience with AWS and Azure, and infrastructure-as-code. Knowledge of Python or NodeJS, and TSDB application monitoring is desirable.
The role is a senior member of technical staff who can work in a multi-discipline sales environment to contribute to comprehensive hybrid cloud opportunities.
- Work directly with customers to drive adoption of VMware Cloud Management solutions for VMC on AWS and other public cloud environments
- Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements using VMware’s Cloud Management Services
- Lead the pre-sales process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements
- Deliver on-site and remote workshops, create a publish customer facing content that includes all of the above areas
- Successful track record deploying and managing workloads in public cloud environments
- Drive client and internal resources and activities to ensure deliverables within scope and time
- Develop/improve workflow for more efficient delivery and reduced overall customer time to value
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to drive customer satisfaction as well as product supportability improvements
- Ability to travel: 30-40%
Skills and Experience Required
- Candidate must have 5-7 years’ experience in technical pre-sales in Data Centre/Cloud software solutions.
- Candidate must have at least 2-3 years’ experience in public cloud architectures, in a sales team environment
- Highly desired automation & orchestration experience
- High desired cloud management platform experience
- The ideal candidate would have domain level understanding of Public Cloud Infrastructure & Network Architecture, Network Design, Virtualization, Application Management and Security
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- At least 5 years' experience in customer-facing positions such as a technical pre-sales, professional services consultant, solutions architect, customer engineer, etc.
- Extensive experience with Public Cloud environments such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud, Rackspace, Virtustream, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies, supporting DevOps, CI/CD Pipeline efforts, as well as infrastructure design and development
- Knowledge of VMware’s full Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) stack
- Exceptional learning, communication (written and verbal, internal and external) and presentation skills
- Ability to work well in a multi-discipline team selling environment with constantly changed priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively with product development team on problem troubleshooting and driving product improvements
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
- Candidate must be a highly-motivated self-starter with strong oral and written communication skills, to be able to articulate the technical and business value of our CMP solution to Hybrid Cloud customers