Sr. Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
McLean, VirginiaJob ID R032940 Date posted Sep. 04, 2019
Sr. Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Dell EMC Federal is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress. We are committed to partner with Federal agencies and service providers and help drive successful Digital, IT, Security, and Workforce Transformations. The depth and breadth of our team and our portfolio is unmatched in the industry. We are looking for experienced and committed IT professionals that are up for the challenge to deeply understand customers’ requirements and missions and draw upon this robust portfolio to design winning solutions. Come join us if you have a passion for technology and want to make a difference.
- Works with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product and service sales plans.
- Maintains knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to Dell EMC solutions and train the account team.
- Anticipates technology and/or market trends and provides guidance on their application to external customers and feedback of business requirements back into Dell EMC's engineering and marketing organizations.
- Successfully builds relationships with the account team, partners, and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets, and personnel as appropriate. Leads technical sales calls.
- Configures and documents Dell EMC software, hardware, and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives.
- Possesses strong, detailed product/technology/industry knowledge.
Activities include but are not limited to presentations/white boarding, solution demonstrations, account management, assisting customers with evaluations and benchmarks, timely follow-up to Core EMC and customer inquiries, and building system configurations.
8+ years relevant experience
Possess technical inquisitiveness to learn new technologies and drive to overachieve in a competitive environment
Possess knowledge of Storage, Compute, and Networking, preferably from the Dell EMC portfolio
Customer focused; communication skills (oral and written)
Proven track record of working with sales teams to achieve business results
Willing/able to travel to customer sales calls (not to exceed 50%) with/without sales account manager
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.