Senior Systems Engineer
McLean, VirginiaJob ID R25816 Date posted Jul. 04, 2019
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
The Senior Systems Engineer is an accomplished solution architect of virtualization and cloud services, leading strategic consulting with C-Level executives on business transformation and cost optimization derived from virtualization technologies and cloud services. The Senior Solution Architect is responsible for building and maintaining “trusted advisor” relationships with senior client personnel within both business and IT organizations. The Senior Solution Architect designs and delivers IT transformation and business transformation programs exploiting the potential of Cloud Computing and other related technologies.
In addition, the Senior Systems Engineer has an outward-facing role at Virtustream, to participate in pre-sales activities and public dialogue about the rapidly changing landscape around virtualization and cloud, through blogs, white papers, articles, conference participation, and other thought leadership activities.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in leading the sale and delivery of advisory consulting services, development of business cases, design of solution architectures, and multi-phased, complex migration programs that address technology, people/organization, and process change. In addition, a successful candidate must be able to understand complex IT and business problems and apply technology and product portfolio knowledge to solve customer problems in a consultative manner and articulate the advantages of infrastructure optimization and technology solutions as well as explain the competitive advantage and ROI achieved through various alternatives.
This position supports our Public Sector organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Sell and deliver high-impact business transformation programs through the use of Cloud Computing and other related technologies
- Design solution architectures and develop migration roadmaps
- Develop business case, including ROI and TCO analysis
- Lead client engagements with a support team of strategists and analysis
- Identify opportunities for engagement expansion within existing accounts
- Engage in pre-sales architecture and business process evaluations, for qualification and sales support of Virtustream services
- Manage complex change programs involving client, Virtustream and other vendor personnel
- Maintain a public-facing thought leadership presence, actively contributing to the public dialogue about virtualization and cloud services
- Advanced degree or equivalent; 7+ years of experience in virtualization.
- World-class technical skills and experience designing and implementing IT infrastructure solutions, involving virtualization and cloud technologies.
- Leading certifications in core and advanced virtualization technologies and vendor programs, such as VCP, CCNE, MCP/MCSE/MCITPs
- Extensive knowledge of the Cloud market and the key vendor offerings
- Working knowledge of ITIL
- Technical knowledge of cloud architectures including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience communicating value, progress, and metrics (status) of key projects to required stakeholders and diverse audiences (technical and business)
- Ability to work as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Willingness to travel 50%