Senior Program Manager
McLean, VirginiaJob ID R023769 Date posted Aug. 02, 2019
Senior Program Manager - McLean, VA
Dell EMC delivers the most advanced enterprise infrastructure for mission-critical environments, and is the only true provider of the end-to-end IT capabilities needed to drive agency missions through digital transformation – from the edge to the core to the cloud. Under the banner of Dell Technologies: Dell, Dell EMC, Pivotal, RSA, SecureWorks, Virtustream, and VMware align to support our customer’s mission requirements, transform IT, build their digital future, and protect their most important asset, information. With an intense mission focus, Dell Federal is the customer’s reliable wingman ensuring the product received is the product expected, and the delivered system, service, or capability operates as intended anywhere in the world…all the time.
Dell Federal’s National Security Group (NSG) team is looking for an exceptional Program Manager to support the intelligence community (IC) and DoD with a wide array of company technologies and services for our fast-growing National Security Group.
- Develop internal relationships and earn trust amongst the account executives, program/project managers, executive leadership team members, infrastructure delivery teams, and security offices.
- Develop external relationships and earn trust via the demonstration of the highest caliber of professional, programmatic-technical, and mission competence amongst the customer base to include the intelligence community (IC), the warfighter, and the associated senior executive leadership.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of a management process strategy for a particular NSG line of business (IT system(s), service, or business unit); typically leading multiple business efforts.
- Build a credible, semi-technical understanding of the pan Dell Technologies portfolio to include storage, compute, networking, applications, cybersecurity, converged and hyper-converged systems, and edge-core-cloud synergies. Understand the advantages and disadvantages associated with various architectures (including on- versus off premise solutions), especially as these relate to mission, expense, and maintenance.
- Assist sales team in anticipating customer needs beyond existing scope of enterprise/client products and services.
- Preform critical functions of assisting customer, sales team, PMO, services, and support with the selling, deployment, and sustainment of system or service into its mission environment. Coordinate with all required support and sustainment entities to monitor and manage the program through its lifecycle. This aspect of program management includes leadership and optimal management actives within Dell Technologies, with Federal Support Integrators, and with other external agencies who have program equities and responsibilities. Travel globally, as required, for program support.
- Promotes a culture of quality and continuous process improvement across the organization ensuring alignment with the organizational / business objectives.
- Benchmarks program management with company and industry best practices and ensures organizational alignment to industry standards which meet/exceed client expectations.
- Develops strategies for aligning organizational processes to optimally meet customers’ requirements and business goals.
- Drives and implements the identified key performance indicators while leading certification programs.
- Understands business strategy and translates that into priority learning requirements.
- Accomplishes other duties as directed by the PMO Director.
- Strong knowledge on quality management models, delivery methodologies, project management, integration management, auditing skills, and cost management.
- Command a broad and in depth understanding of marketplace dynamics, competitors, and learning trends to implement best practices.
- Must have an active TS/SCI with FS poly minimum
- Typically requires 15+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 12+ years with a Master’s degree
- PMI/Program Management Professional (PgMP) Certification
- ISO/IEC 20000/27000 Certifications
- Project/Business management qualifications; CPI training/certs; leadership training
- Demonstrated performance as a Program Manager supporting large US Government Enterprise IT programs.
- IC experience and/or federal government experience—mission-operations preferred
- ITIL Manager Certification
- Deep understanding of the Department of Defense Architectural Framework (DoDAF)
- Transition team lead for large US Government Enterprise IT program
More about this role:
As a Dell Technologies Program Manager, you will be billeted, trained, and professionally managed by the Business Operations team. However, you will also receive supplemental training from other Dell Technologies directorates, as required, to ensure you are equipped with a quintessential program management skillset to optimally support the customer’s mission and advance the business in restricted-access, highly-classified mission spaces. It’s a varied and dynamic field of work where trust and competence are the elixir of success—from the tactical engagement to the strategic win. To be sure, you will work on unusually complex programs and relationships which require management skills of the highest acumen.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities—all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to play a key role at the heart of the mission, this is your opportunity to develop and grow with Dell Federal.
Dellis committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.