Principal Field Service Engineer
McLean, VirginiaJob ID R045178 Date posted Nov. 09, 2019
Principal Field Service Engineer
Location: McLean, VA
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
We’re proud to be in the solutions business at Dell. And our business solutions are built on deep analysis and insight. Our Business Operations team within Business Support develops solutions to current and future challenges. We support activities ranging from marketing and manufacturing to maintenance and more. We define scope and objectives based on a thorough understanding of end users, business needs and processes. From analyzing, evaluating and documenting requirements through to specifying solutions, we strive to improve processes and maximize potential.
As the Field Service Engineer with Dell, your primary responsibility will be to visit customer sites to perform break-fix operations and assure customer satisfaction through prompt case closure and customer communication.
What you can expect:
- An introduction to the storage industry, best practices and methodologies and the Dell way of doing business
- Hands-on work with Dell products and platforms, operating systems and storage infrastructure tools
- The opportunity to gain technical certifications, both Dell and industry-wide
Your principal duty will be to learn, understand and begin routinely performing the following customer engineering responsibilities:
- Installation and servicing Dell hardware & software under the guidance of an assigned mentor
- Learn the basics of an install cycle: Performance of pro-active maintenance according to established procedures, adherence to proper escalation procedures and keys to success
- Perform part replacements as directed by the technical support lab. This includes the timely and accurate submission of all associated documentation, part return within 24 hours of the event
- Close all cases at the completion of an event
- You understand the importance of a strong sense of urgency, communicating effectively and having a keen attention to detail
- You like to have fun and approach your work with passion and enthusiasm
- Assure complete customer satisfaction at the assigned accounts by adherence to the following: Prompt onsite arrival time, technical expertise, knowledge of customer environment, professionalism, and periodic visits as needed
What you can learn:
- How one of the world’s largest technology companies serves its customers through timely communication and best in class service
- How to be a productive team member on a virtual, globally dispersed team that is leading and influencing all aspects of our candidate experience and employment brand worldwide
- How to lead through influence
Must Have Requirements:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional IT experience with a Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline
- Experience in client facing roles
- Ability to Travel, be on call at select times, work OT hours and have a reliable automobile to arrive at customer locations
- Must have the ability to lift 30-40 lbs. when necessary
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.