Principal Engineer, Solutions Architecture (I8)
McLean, VirginiaJob ID R030787 Date posted Aug. 16, 2019
Provide technical storage architecture leadership at an enterprise level as a member within a project team for Dell EMC’s Federal customers. Represent the overall technical architecture for the EMC engagement to the customer’s architecture leadership and executives to ensure the overall solutions is fully designed and integrated to meet the needs of the customer. Once overall architecture and integration plan is established, provide overall technical quality assurance to ensure the solution implementation adheres to the approved architecture.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops strategies, policies and best practices for the customer.
- Develops and cultivates strong customer relationships ensuring a 'customer for life' relationship. Holds responsibility for achieving the EMC Bar of Excellence as the highest level of Customer Satisfaction for every customer. Expected to have strong customer-facing skills including negotiation, conflict resolution, and crisis management.
- Adheres to and utilizes proper Escalation and Change Control procedures. Prepares, maintains and submits activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures.
- Stays current on technical specifications for hardware/software requirements of EMC and industry products through professional associations, trade journals, networking and associated training and seminars. Responsible for sharing information and best practices with others. May be required to support and instruct less experienced co-workers, through classroom training sessions or on-the-job mentoring.
- Provides technical leadership during the implementation of an engagement. Participates in the installation, customization, and integration of an EMC solution. Maintains awareness of existing or potential customer software/hardware situations. Proactively alerts project management and sales team of potential problems and solutions.
- Design, customize, and integrate EMC solution, map the solution to technical requirements, and support the deployment of the solution based on the content defined in the Statement of Work. Prepares technical architectural and implementation design documents and works with the Project Manager to develop the implementation plan. Works closely with the Project Manager to define project deliverables and schedules. Helps to identify and leverage EMC and Partner Resources in order to satisfy the technical needs and objectives of the implementation.
- Is a lead technical expert in the pre-sales qualification and is responsible for the delivery of the technical architectural design, strategies and plans that will be delivered in the engagement. Responsible for the creation of proposals that address current and evolving client requirements. Develops and articulates solutions based on a customer's strategic business or technical requirements
- Leads requirements gathering for project engagements
- Leads project quality assurance activities, including performing technical QA reviews on components for a team and performing QA reviews of code documentation
- May supervise staff on project engagements in large projects where many technical people may be involved.
- Provide technical training to end customer after product implementation.
- We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you share our passion for data and you’re keen to play a key role in driving progress, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.