IT Data Center Operations
McLean, VirginiaJob ID R83339 Date posted Jul. 12, 2019
IT Data Center Operations
Location: DC Metro Area
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
Data Centers are the brains of a company, storing and processing huge amounts of data. They’re highly important to our customers – which means they’re highly important to us. Our IT Data Center Operations team’s remit extends from design, evaluation and analysis to testing, debugging and the implementation of applications programs. Supporting system hardware, peripherals and software within data centers, we identify, isolate and resolve problems, implement immediate resolutions when necessary and manage systems consoles from an operational and troubleshooting perspective.
- Periodic inspections of assigned data centers to ensure policies are being upheld
- Responsible for floor space allocations and related rack and rack peripheral infrastructure build out to accommodate hardware installations and moves
- Responsible for generating and communicating Data Center metrics
- Responsible for management of data center operations–owned inventory
- Communicates provisions of data center policies and standards to the corporation and facilitates customer understanding of processes and procedures
- Plans and coordinates with various cross-functional teams and vendors to ensure present and future capacity/scalability
Essential Requirements :
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience in IT Data Center Operations
- Expereince manages multiple activities related to DC infrastructure
- Knowlesge and expereince developing, applying, revising and maintaining DC Operations policies, procedures, and standards
- Served as DC Ops representative in crossfunctional projects in previous professional roles
- Knowledge and understanding of customer needs and other internal/external contacts
- Self-driven and detail oriented
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology (Advanced Degrees highly preferred)
- Expereince as a Team Lead and Mentor
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can keep the lifeblood of a company going, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.