Federal Services Sales Executive - Indirect
McLean, VirginiaJob ID R79086 Date posted Jun. 04, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 140,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Dell EMC's Federal business is based on domain expertise. It takes extraordinary knowledge to create technology and solutions that moves America forward. And it takes expert insight to sell those groundbreaking solutions to our Federal customers. Our Dell Technologies Services Sales Executives (SSE) get to know our Client and Infrastructure Support and Deployment Services inside and out. As well as selling them directly and indirectly, we’re called in to identify Services opportunities within particular customer accounts. We are the difference makers.
- Proactively identifies and solves customer business problems by selling both standard and customized Support and Deployment solutions to the Federal Government through System integrators/Channel Partners
- Manages a territory or group of accounts to ensure opportunities are identified, worked, and closed
- Attains Support and Deployment Revenue and Margin objectives
- Customarily and regularly engaged at customer/partner facilities, and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills
- Understands and articulates associated technical advantages of the proposed solution
- Works closely with Major Account Managers, Data Center Account Executives, and System Engineers to craft a solution that provides the best customer experience
- Works closely with Client and Data Center Solutions Principals (technical pre-sales experts), Solution Architects, and Inside Sales Reps to propose and win services solutions
- Recommends service offerings to assist with overall customer experience
- Owns the sale of simple and highly complex Support and Deployment Service opportunities
- Gains access and manages relationships with senior level technical personnel and decision makers
- Demonstrates the value of a service technology to advance customer’s business objectives
- Investigates matters of significance discovered by other product specialists to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed to address current and potential problems
- Provides insight and thought leadership to customers concerning applicability of highly complex products and service technologies
- Uncovers critical processes and validates operational strengths and challenges as it relates to deploying technology within the customer’s environment
- Analyzes and applies industry, competitor and market knowledge to present the positive value of our solutions
- Leverages third party/channel expertise to position the overall value of our solution
- Serves as lead to other product specialists or cross functional technical groups
- Advanced level professional, complete understanding of our technology, and product and services portfolio
- Coaching/mentoring rarely required
- Travel Requirement is 65 - 75%. Minimal OCONUS travel.
- 8+ years of related sales experience in a relationship selling role
- Bachelor’s degree required
Dell Technologies is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.