DPS Federal SE Manager
McLean, VirginiaJob ID R035337 Date posted Sep. 17, 2019
DELL EMC DPS Presales is an elite technical force in the industry working within the larger ecosystem of Presales, Sales, Services and Partners to help our customers achieve business outcomes with our innovative, disruptive and “household name, industry leading” technologies and solutions. We are looking for an energetic, innovative leader to join our ranks and work with our team continuing to move us forward.
We have an immediate Data Protection Solutions (DPS) management opportunity on our team. Data Protection is a vital area to our customers in this age of protecting virtualized workloads, big data, mission critical apps and leveraging cloud. To DELL EMC it is a vital contribution to our financial success and continues to bring innovations to the market.
In addition the ideal candidate would possess the following attributes:
- 3-5 years’ experience managing a technical group preferred
- 5-10 years experience in Presales for enterprise-class customers
- Experience selling to US Federal Customers
- Broad technology career exposure
- Experience recruiting and developing technical resources
- Leverages a data driven approach to running their business
- Highly Effective, Collaborative, Proactive communications skills: written and verbal, technical and executive levels
- Good relationship building skills
- Experience operating in a matrix organization is a plus
- Technical background in some of the contexts our customers operate such as virtualization, cloud, mission critical applications, databases, etc.
- Excellent presentation and customer facing skills. As a leader and steward in the company you will be asked to present to customers and internally, strategic DELL EMC GTM messages in formats such as EBCs, boot camps, User Groups, etc..
- Develops IDP for direct reports Responsible for bookings. Manages escalations and follow through until successfully resolved. Possesses strong, detailed product/technology/industry knowledge.
- Knowledge of job associated software and applications. Maintains strong understanding of the competitive landscape within the respective territory. Typically, responsible for a several districts or large area
- Ensures compliance of presales documentation. Internally qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding. Orchestrates and leads District Sales and Services Leadership Meetings.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Dell EMC Data Protection methodology and solutions