MassachusettsJob ID R78754 Date posted Nov. 21, 2018
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
Location:Hopkinton, MA preferred. but can be remote in the United States
As a Storage Administrator, your role will be to work collaboratively with Virtustream operations and engineering organizations deploying best practice operational standards, generate documentation and provide escalation support.
The candidate we are seeking will have the abilities to work in a converged infrastructure environment that includes varying levels of skills in multiple areas defined below:
- Storage – EMC Storage Arrays (VNX, VNXe, XIO, Unity, VMax), Scale I/O
- Storage – NetApp Arrays AFS8080, FAS8080, FAS2620
- NetApp FAS series and advanced concepts of Data ONTAP
- Strong knowledge on Clustering and High Availability, Knowledge on Snap Manager products including SAP
- Storage Network –SAN (MDS Product Lines)
- Backup & Disaster Recovery – EMC Recover Point, SRDF
- Virtualization – VMware vSphere, VMware SRM
- Operating Systems – RHEL, SuSe, Microsoft
- VCE solutions – VBlock, VxBlock
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the development and refinement of operational best practices as it relates to Virtustream Enterprise Cloud platform management & support
- Work with Operations team and delivery teams to deploy, and document Dell EMC storage solutions into customer networks.
- Demonstrated planning, deploying competencies with Dell EMC Unity, VNX, and VNXe hybrid storage arrays, VMAX, NetApp.
- Demonstrated planning, deploying competencies with Dell EMC Data Domain, RecoverPoint disaster recovery solutions.
- Demonstrated planning, deploying competencies with data center and SAN networking elements such as Cisco MDS, at both an IP and Fibre-Channel level.
- Demonstrated competency with VMware ESXi and vSphere 5.5, & 6+.
- Installs or coordinates installation of patches and releases to production systems.
- Ensures stable performance through performance monitoring and tuning.
- Participates in capacity planning, workload modeling and prediction of resource needs.
- Maintains current description and documentation of storage configuration, including tracking and documenting any changes to environments
- Participates in disaster recovery planning, including assisting with fault tolerance and disaster recovery plans.
- Solid understanding of Data Center & Cloud platform design, implementation, and support
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience providing system engineering & systems architecture support for enterprise class systems
- Dell EMC EMCIE, EMCDPM, EMCISA and other related certifications are a huge plus
- Experience working with other technical experts and all levels of IT project customers, both technical and non-technical
- In-depth Knowledge of technologies from EMC, NetApp, VMware, Cisco.
- Storage array, SAN network and data-center systems trouble shooting experience
- Experience with Cisco UCS and Dell Servers is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent workplace experience
- Time-management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent analytical ability and communications skills
- Frequent non-business hour work requirements for patching, or other updates; ability to take on call responsibilities.
- Position requires travel (10%)
- Role requires that the person be a US Citizen only
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.