IoT Retail Business Development Manager
MassachusettsJob ID R88373 Date posted Feb. 01, 2019
Retail IoT Business Development Manager
Dell Technologies IoT Practice is a global organization that delivers technology-based solutions directly designed to solve for customers business challenges and problems.
The IoT Business Development Manager will be responsible to drive growth within the assigned vertical and across targeted vertical(s) as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for these business areas. The IoT Business Development Manager will be tasked with ensuring prospect development with both existing and acquisition of new clients and positioning Dell Technologies as a leader in the IoT solution services market. The IoT Business Development Manager will be part of a diverse and highly successful and energetic team and will benefit from collaboration with leading ecosystem of technology suppliers, customers, system integrators and value-added resellers. This role will report to the Director of Industry IoT, Surveillance and Computer Vision.
Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following
- Identify, support and close on new as well as existing client opportunities for Dell Technologies in the IoT Retail solutions space
- Lead the identification, qualification and acquisition of clients within the defined region while working closely with the local Dell Technologies teams
- Through a trusted consultative approach sell complete IoT solutions including engineering services together with the full technology stack, data connectivity, cloud and analytics
- Manage a matrixed decision-maker hierarchy and execute on the sales strategy and ensure consistent pricing, quota, planning and that high-quality customer requirements are met
- Act as the Dell Technologies trusted advisor, both internally and externally and help ensure the client’s targets are met and that Dell Technologies’ profitability goals are met and exceeded
- Leverage Dell Technologies Management Executives and other senior Business Unit Leadership within the account when appropriate to strengthen client relationships and drive high revenue growth
- Network externally to stay relevant within the assigned vertical and territory
- Build and manage influential relationships with IoT suppliers and partners and clients
- Ability to travel to remote, non-headquartered locations, up to 50% of the time
- Proven IoT professional with a deep understanding of IoT solution sales and the ability to solve customer business needs through a consultative approach and innovative application of edge to cloud implementations
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in sales and/or business development in the technology sector with at least 5 years of direct experience in IoT solutions and selling into OEM’s
- Working knowledge and practical experience of all building blocks in turnkey IoT solutions such as PaaS, SaaS, dedicated IoT wireless connectivity, hardware, applications, cloud, analytics, etc.
- Demonstrated and verifiable success through sales at C-Suite and executives at the line of business level
- Education at Bachelor’s Degree level is a minimum requirement
- Excellent communication skills with ability to lead presentations, panels and keynotes to large audiences
- Deep understanding the Retail market
- A good blend of visionary and execution
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Some of our most valuable business comes from existing customers. That’s because our Business Development Sales team takes care to forge strong and insightful relationships with them. To gain understanding of the unique and changing factors that drive purchasing decisions, the team develops connections at all levels of a client’s business. They use their insight to identify and create new opportunities – and to build the business development strategies that underpin successful sales. As well as maximizing revenue, they take responsibility for accurate forecasts.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to drive our revenue growth as a trusted adviser to exciting clients, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.