Network Pre Sales engineer with Devops
MarylandJob ID R027299 Date posted Aug. 30, 2019
Resident Engineer- Pre Sales System Engineer Open Networking
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
- You’re passionate about the craft of software engineering
- You’re still hands-on with building modern bits using CD/CI and toolchains
- You can be a driver or a navigator, and know when to be each
- You get Continuous Delivery and know the difference from CI
- You work well within and across teams to deliver high-quality software
- You understand Application Development and the infrastructure you deploy to.
- You are a proven team player, and know how to evolve cross functional DevOps teams to self-organization
- You love working in cloud APIs, i.e. AWS, Azure, vSphere/vCloud, OpenStack
- You have built bridges of automation between network Ops and Developers to the amazement and delight of onlookers
- You are no stranger to distributed systems and messaging
- You can articulate and debate software architectural decisions and the resulting tradeoffs across cost, performance, reliability, and other factors.
- Large scale infrastructure automation experience
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible Docker Kubernetes and Terraform
- Experience with Jenkin/Hudson or other CI tools
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, Powershell, and Bash
- Experience working with version control/repos, i.e. Git, Subversion, Artifactory or Nexus
- Experience with test driven development, testing tools and frameworks like JUnit
- Knowledge of data center management, systems management, and monitoring, networking & security
- Experience working in a professional services or other client facing role preferred
- Strong background in networking technologies and architecture
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.