Associate Systems Engineer ll
Madrid, SpainJob ID R67029 Date posted Jul. 12, 2019
Junior Presales Engineer
If you are passionate about getting hands-on with technology and eager to further your career in a technically innovative environment, Dell is the place to be. Our enterprise solutions allow companies to efficiently extract value from their intellectual property. Within the Enterprise Business Unit we are looking for an Presales Engineer to join us in Spain.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
As an Associate Presales Engineer, you will participate in the Global Services Associate Program (GSAP) to acquire the required skills and knowledge to perform and excel core job responsibilities. You will be provided with the necessary training and mentoring to build upon your technical skills for your career in EMC’s Presales organization. This intensive role-based training includes technical training, best practices and methodologies and the EMC way of doing business. After the training, you will analyze and design technology solutions and provide technical expertise in support of Presales activities. You may also respond to customer requests and proposals as required and provide product level overviews to assigned customers in either the Enterprise, Commercial, Partner, or Specialist markets.
- Demonstrates functional mastery - Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding. Attends District Sales and Services Leadership Meetings. Demonstrates knowledge of the storage solutions industry and trends. Uses knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to Dell EMC solutions
- Drives business results and customer value - Self-motivated and understands the importance of a sense of urgency reflected through ability to meet multiple demands and changing priorities. Establish relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives. Engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate. Understands the process and method to create financial proposals. Presents the design and value of proposed DellEMC solution and business case to customers, prospects and Dell EMC management.
- Demonstrates org effectiveness and leadership - Takes ownership of personal development through formal and informal networks. Demonstrates effective presentation skills. Ability to adapt communication style depending on audience
- Builds EMC capabilities, cultures & values - Prioritize self-development and align goals to business needs. Actively contributes to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Demonstrates a high level of integrity while exhibits a desire to be on a winning team. Understands how to participate in external brand programs (blogging, social media, networking opportunities)
- Aligns with and drives EMC strategy. Understands the global business environment and applies that understanding to his/her work. Understands trusted advisor requirements and identifies customer relationships necessary to be successful. Embrace opportunities to provide feedback in support of change, including new ideas/approaches. Open to creative and innovative suggestions from others. Observes and questions existing processes and practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent calibre with Presales experience or Professional IT experience.
- You have general knowledge of IT Infrastructure and Operations and may even have some knowledge of Dell EMC storage technology & products.
- The ideal candidate will have great potential and desire to learn, coupled with experience in infrastructure, applications, software, and/or services.
- Working knowledge of cloud models including virtualization, converged infrastructure, and public offerings is a plus.
- You’re self-motivated, proactive, and understand the importance of a sense of urgency. You have a passion for technology and desire to learn. You love working with others and solving problems. Innovation is intriguing to you and you do all things with high integrity.
- You’re driven to further develop your technical aptitude and progress your career within the technology space.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must. You have the ability to tell a compelling story and engage your customers.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer and aim to ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.