Senior Software Engineer
London, United KingdomJob ID 855470 Date posted Jun. 06, 2019
Posting date: 05 June 2019
Salary: £43,000 to £59,000 per year
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 05 July 2019
Job type: Permanent
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You are looking for a collaborative environment building distributed systems that enable enterprises to focus on their business rather than re-architecting a cloud platform from scratch. Pair programming has always been something that you wanted to try out. Learning new programming languages and getting to work with Golang piques your interest. Contributing to open source software makes you feel good about the transparency it brings to code quality.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Experienced in Java, C++, C# development, with an ability to deep dive in the implementation aspects
- Contributing to the continued evolution of our Software Development Processes
- Delivering agreed software development tasks from the relevant product roadmaps
- Meeting project commitments by providing accurate estimates of all assigned project work and quickly informing PM of any adjustments to delivery times
- Contributing to our definition of Quality Software that each software delivery is measured against.
- Identifying codebase and architecture refactoring necessary to drive continual improvement in the application.
- Developing an awareness and knowledge of industry best practices in software design, construction and delivery so these can be discussed / shared with the team and used to drive SDLC evolution.
- Mentoring junior members of the development team
- Adopting the agreed software development tools and practices of the team.
- Acting as an escalation point when required for Customer Services / Operations team on specific areas of expertise.
- Supporting a DevOps approach where the collaboration with the Operations team is essential and the delivery from
- Development includes everything required for the operations team to deploy and operate the software.
- Coding new developments and / or enhancements
- Design of applications, systems or processes
- Responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development methods and infrastructure.
- Support impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean / Agile / XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability,
- Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
- Drive continuous improvement in the quality and cadence of releases.
Required Skills / Experience
- Degree in Computer Science / Mathematics / Engineering or related field
- Used Test Driven Development (TDD) extensively
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Ability to dive into a large polyglot codebase and contribute as you learn
- Interest in exploring new programming paradigms, languages, and patterns
- Demonstrable ability to research problems and break them into discrete parts
- Framework design and implementation experience, particularly Azure
- Worked in a pair programming environment
- Contributed to an open source project
Closing Date: 5th July 2019
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.