Senior Networking Pre-Sales Engineer
London, United KingdomJob ID R40498 Date posted May. 08, 2019
Senior Networking Systems Engineer (Pre-sales)
Dell EMC is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of customers. Dell is very well positioned to drive disruption in data center networking- with SDN and Open Networking. Gartner Magic Quadrant released in June 2017 highlights that Dell along with its SDN technology partners (VMWare, Big Switch and Cumulus) are the only Visionaries in the Datacenter Networking Market.
We are currently looking for Networking Systems Engineer to join our Dell EMC Networking Sales team in EMEA. He/she will be responsible for delivering Dell Networking Solutions in UKI market. The position is based in London. The person may be asked to cover other regions in EMEA depending on business needs.
Responsible and Accountable for Pre-Sales of Dell Compute and Networking Solutions in UK&I
- Work with sales team to ensure pipeline sufficiency to achieve the attainment of Dell EMC Networking and Compute sales targets
- Territory & Account Planning: - Support sales team in developing target customers/segments; - Support channel sales team to Identify and develop Dell Networking focused channel partners
- Discovery & Qualification of Opportunities: - Regularly deliver high impact technology presentations
- Work with Dell sales teams and Partner sales teams to discover and qualify Dell Networking opportunities; - Able to address customer business problems by providing solutions using appropriate products and services
- Winning Opportunities with Competitively Differentiated Solutions & Proposals: - Drive technical demonstrations and Proof of Concept; - Write technical proposals to achieve intended customer business outcomes; - Co-ordinate post sales escalations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Very strong Networking experience (or related technologies) Pre-Sales experience and networking Certifications – CCIE / JNCIE / AWS Solutions Architect is highly preferred
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated technical sales experience of Data Center SDN/ Cloud Networking is required and ability to add Campus SDN into the purview is advantageous.
- Knowledge around Openswitch/ Disaggregated Network OS / Software Defined Networking Fabrics is a definite advantage
- Exposure to Software Defined DC concepts– VMware Cloud Architecture, OpenStack, and Container Networking is highly preferred.
- Understanding and Designing solutions for Key Industry Trends – Micro-Segmentation, Network Automation, Multi-Site Datacenters, Network Visibility, Multi-Tenant / Network Virtualization, and L4-7 Service Insertion – is a significant part of this role
- Compute pre-sales experience is advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills and demonstrated consultative skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills: The ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action. Understanding and conversant about company, solutions/product - strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Solutions & Products: - Requires a high degree of competency to respond to customer requirements and to discuss product capabilities and its applications with technical decision makers
- Working knowledge of other Dell EMC solutions & services portfolio
- Customer Relationship & Differentiated Value: - Able to build customer relationships and provide insight / competitive differentiation of proposed solutions; -
- Selling to large accounts
Internal Team Collaboration: - Seeks counsel from other sales engineers, leaders or cross-functional technical groups to achieve the desired outcome
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Read our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
If you require assistance in applying for an open position or have specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com
As members of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.