Regional Sales Director - Public Sector Local Government
London, United KingdomJob ID R48571 Date posted May. 28, 2019
Regional Sales Director – Public Sector Local Government
Can you combine a proven track record in sales with up-to-date knowledge of technology? If you are passionate about what you do, the career possibilities at Dell will be second to none. Within our Public Sector business we are looking for a Regional Sales Director to join our top-calibre team in the UK.
Dell provides end-to-end solutions that enable more affordable and accessible technology around the world, empowering people everywhere to do more. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity and a spirit of innovation. We will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfil your ambitions and potential.
The successful candidate will manage a team of high performing external customer Account Executives within the Local Government Team along with a team of Internal Sales Representayives via a second line manager. The primary focus will be driving profitable growth within existing Local Government buying accounts while developing/owning strategic plans to enable future growth of this specific account list working closely with the other teams in the UK teams.
This person will be required to drive exceptional working practices within the team to deliver the required results. The successful candidate must have the capability to motivate and support the team and will have responsibilities for planning, executing and implementing business plans and strategies to deliver the required targets.
- Manage a team of high performing Account Executives with external responsibilities for a specific account set.
- Attain targeted sales goals and performance through the effective management of this team.
- Perform detailed territory and account reviews on an on-going basis – include the wider teams where necessary.
- Foster strong relationships with the key players and decision makers within the aligned partner base
- Meet face to face with customers on regular basis to support business plans, growth and strategic alignment with Dell.
- Provide regular reporting in line with the Finance and Business Intelligence functions with a view to providing insights and strategic plans.
- Carry out account portfolio reviews with your account managers such as – developing account base, gap analysis, share-of-wallet information on each account, review growth potential, etc.
- While sales management experience would be ideal those who have the ability to work within virtual teams and who are looking to take the next step should also apply
- Experience gained within the IT / Technology industry with ideally experience in data centre sales
- Able to set priorities and keep team focused on important tasks.
- Motivates and drives sales performance.
- Builds strong relationships within and external to Dell
- Executive level presence and external speaking capabilities.
- While an understanding of the local government customer/industry would be ideal this is not essential
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Read our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
If you require assistance in applying for an open position or have specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com
As members of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.