Lead Technical Trainer - Java
London,Job ID 1929177 Date posted Oct. 30, 2019
Lead Java Developer
Pivotal's Story (Video)
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
- You are a Java expert, with experience and familiarity building Cloud based applications using Java; you have a strong background with Java and related developer frameworks and products like Spring.
- Experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and/or Spring Cloud Services.
- Recent experience building a microservices architecture/ distributed systems.
- Experience with XP, TDD, Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery.
- You are an Agile practitioner with 8+ years of software development experience, familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques.
- Great verbal communication skills. You are capable of public speaking and presenting in front of customers, at user groups, etc.
- Great written communication skills. You can clearly communicate complex technical concepts.
- Ability to work through problems with others. You are able to patiently work one-on-one with others to work through technical problems.
- Experience building distributed systems/ Cloud-Native application architectures.
- An understanding of – or implementation experience in – building Twelve-Factor applications, and using Domain Driven Design.
- You are a polyglot programmer (i.e. Kotlin, Ruby, C#, F#, Go, etc.)
- Bachelors or Masters degree and above
- Experience integrating with Netflix Open Source Platform components
- Experience with Cloud Foundry
- Experience with Concourse
- Help lead an immersive, best-practices program for building Cloud-Native applications
- Enable customers through doing it rather than talking about it
- Guide students through building applications and distributed systems running on Pivotal Cloud Foundry in a classroom like setting
- Teach the fundamentals of Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Concourse (CI/CD), Spring Boot, and Spring Cloud Services.
- Teach developers and architects to use agile/XP and techniques like TDD and CI/CD.
- Expose students to many of Pivotal’s core practices.
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends. Rotate onto internal software development teams and/or consulting engagements.
- Travel to select customers locations and international travel destinations
This role will require travel to and work at client’s sites all over London and Europe, however, you will only be required to be away 2-3 nights/3-4 days per week (back home Wednesday/ Thursday evening and work from home Thursday/ Friday. When you are not on a client site you can work from home remotely or the London office). As this role will be working across Europe, candidates will require the relevant right to work visa/work permit which is usually an EU passport.