Head of Presales, New Business & Ireland
London, United KingdomJob ID R035049 Date posted Sep. 17, 2019
PreSales Systems Engineering Manager
London, UK & Ireland Wide
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a PreSales Systems Engineering Manager in our PreSales team in London.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
- Manages Sales Engineering individual contributors focused on a broad cross section of Enterprise accounts to best utilise their skills and time
- Drives business process improvement efforts to ensure optimal use of resource
- Understands complexities of the environment and works within Dell to solve complex business issues
- Manages escalations
- May collaborate with other functions to resolve escalations/customer issues quickly and works with leadership team to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Helps define and drive regional GTM working closely with the Regional Sales Director.
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge
- Proven ability to apply advanced concepts in the technical engineering field to practical business problems
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts, architectures and designs, program strategies, and tactics clearly
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to establish mutually beneficial program commitments and expectations with customers
- Strong presentation skills
- Identify and recruit top talent as well as the ability to coach the team and to develop team members
- Good understanding of customer/industry climate and strong level of solutions and technical knowledge
- Understanding of the functional areas of a service level to drive business process improvements.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.