Advisory Systems Engineer
London, United KingdomJob ID R79704 Date posted Nov. 24, 2018
Advisory Systems Engineer
London / Brentford
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Advisory Systems Engineer in our team in Enterpise team.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical consulting during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team is essential to our overall success. Using a deep understanding of DELL EMC and competitive technology, as well as, business applications, the Advisory Systems Engineer will lead the development and positioning of complex and specialized solutions, products, applications, and services. This position is part of the UKI Global Accounts district reporting into UKI Enterprise team. The candidate will be combining vertical industry experience, a broad range of consulting capabilities, and business and technology expertise to be able to differentiate Dell EMC on our ability to deliver tangible business outcomes.
The Advisory Systems Engineer will work closely with the UK Account manager in helping develop strategic solutions in support of Dell EMC’s four major client transformations: IT, Digital, Workplace & Security. Working in collaboration with sales teams and customers to create strategic account plans that are rooted in as-a-service technologies, next generation applications, and data analytics. He/she will be able to challenge customer traditional thinking to sell a long term vision as well as tactical solutions where appropriate. The candidate should feel comfortable engaging with and influencing key customers’ chief technologists, enterprise architects, application developers, engineering and operations teams, as well as line of business leaders.
The clients are based in London and the South of England. Some travel will be required.
- Collaborates with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific solution, service and technical sales plans in complex Enterprise Accounts
- Develops/drives strategy and implementation of technical sales for products (typically Converged Infrastructure, Enterprise Storage, Software and Cloud solutions) and services
- Anticipates technology and/or market trends and provides guidance to the customer
- Maintains knowledge of DELL EMC solutions and competition to effectively address and dispel customer objections to DELL EMC solutions
- Gains access and manages relationships with influential and decision making IT and Line of Business executives
- Supports highly complex and high value opportunities exercising comprehensive industry knowledge to determine objectives and approaches
- Mentors and coaches less experienced Systems Engineers
- History of successful pre-sales engagement with enterprise clients
- Deep knowledge of data center technology including converged infrastructure, storage, Software Defined technologies, server, virtualisation, network, database, Disaster/Business Recovery practices, production operation, Dev/Ops and Cloud offerings
- Able to engage with and influence key customer decision makers: from CxO level to enterprise architects, storage management, application owners and development teams, and Lines of Business
- Working knowledge of cloud architectures and financial consumption models including virtualization, converged infrastructure, and public “as as service” offerings.
- Ability to demonstrate and present solutions to customers as part of a sales campaign
- Ability to translate technical features into tangible customer business benefits
- Develop technical solutions to customer business issues including and identifying new technologies or technologies outside of Dell Technologies products and solutions
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Read our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
If you require assistance in applying for an open position or have specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com
As members of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.