Limerick, IrelandJob ID R17676 Date posted Mar. 04, 2019
Data Scientist & Analyst
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Data Scientist & Analyst on our Fulfillment & Logistics team in Limerick, Ireland.
In this fast-changing world, our customers need our latest technology – and they need it now. And that’s where our expert Logistics team within Materials and Procurement comes in. We’re tasked with getting products quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively to Dell customers. We work in partnership with fulfillment and logistics providers to ensure a visible service to our supply chain and smooth delivery services to end users.
- The candidate will be accountable for ensuring complete and accurate business requirements, partnering and helping facilitate sessions with the IT team. Participates as an active and advocating member of the team, working with business stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop and prioritize requirements. Understands program risks and helps the team understand business impact.
- Ability to quickly root cause all issues & implement correct actions.
- Understanding & ability to List constraints which are used to write specific shipping rules, depending on order profile and business requirements.
- As-is and to-be process mapping and gap analysis, development of alternative process scenarios and use cases.
- Experience of Oracle Transport Management System (OTM) & various LGS database tables
- Ability to work as a project manager where required.
- Coordinates across local subject matter experts to ensure solid business requirements and acceptance of the solution
- Establish process architecture standards with the Planning business and IT. Support as needed the development, system test, user acceptance test stages aligning the business with IT
- Experience of Oracle Transport Management System (OTM) & various LGS database tables.
- Configuration management & support shipping Rules for Order Planning on OTM & assignment of locations
- Experience in analyzing business processes, gathering and documenting business/system requirements
- Always able to listen, negotiate and compromise to ensure quality and business value. Self-motivated, assertive and requiring little direction
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to learn complex business processes
- Good written and verbal communication skills including an understanding of the necessity of proper expectation setting and scope control
- A background in understanding E2E Supply Chain Processes, especially Logistics
- A background in E2E Supply Chain Processes, especially Logistics, is desired.
- An understanding of IT constraints and the ability to negotiate to a positive program outcomes is required. Although this is a Logistics role, the individual will work closely with IT teams.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the logistical skills and attention to detail to get our customers’ products to them on time, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date:Taking Applications Today!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.