Project Mangement Consultant Logistics
Limerick, IrelandJob ID R38195 Date posted Mar. 22, 2019
As a member of the Global Operations Supply Chain Project Management Team, the individual will be responsible for leading high profile, global project initiatives through the Phase Review Process (PrP). Critical success factors include: Worldwide cross-functional team leadership skills, proven project management experience, business case development, strategic operations plans and strategies, effective presentation and communication skills. The individual must be a self starter with strong interpersonal skills, ability to deal with ambiguity, and exhibit initiative & ability to drive for results.
As Program Manager for Worldwide supply chain initiatives the individual will:
· Assume ownership of all aspects of project.
· Define comprehensive scope of project (objectives, deliverables, timeline, business requirements, etc)
· Develop and manage detailed project milestones & schedule
· Manage program risks and issues and drive issues to closure
· Anticipate and adjust for roadblocks
· Capable of developing and assessing Business Case for program
· Possess and exhibit strong presentation skills
· Track and effectively communicates project status
· Strong understanding of Supply Chain, IT systems, factory processes and operations
· Understands entire fulfillment process: from supplier to the fulfillment center to the customer, including the incoming transportation of materials on the front end; understands delivery and transportation models, and fulfillment of products or parts
· Understands the differences in fulfillment methods / models across regions, including key areas requiring additional or exceptional processes that add cost, cycle time, or impact.
· Ability to assimilate and translate product plans, roadmaps into Operational requirements,capabilities, and project plans.
· Degree qualifications; Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain / Logistics / Engineering or IT. MBA a plus.
· Knowledge of Supply Chain, IT systems, logistics, and fulfillment models.
. Proved experience in leading global, multi-functional projects
· Strong project management skills. PMP Certification a plus.
· Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment.
· Facilitation skills to lead Worldwide cross-functional meetings
· Ability to lead extended teams and meet deadlines
· Ability to communicate clearly through oral and written communications
· Ability to present clear and concise information to team, internal customers, and external customers
· Understanding of supplier and competitor capabilities and processes.
· Insight and skill to effectively manage cultural differences.
· 5 - 7 years relevant work experience required.
JobEngineering - Program Management
Primary LocationEurope, Middle East, Africa-IE-Munster-Limerick
- Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
In this fast-changing world, our customers need our latest technology – and they need it now. And that’s where our expert Logistics team within Materials and Procurement comes in. We’re tasked with getting products quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively to Dell customers. We work in partnership with fulfillment and logistics providers to ensure a visible service to our supply chain and smooth delivery services to end users.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the logistical skills and attention to detail to get our customers’ products to them on time, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.