Logistics Senior Advisor
Limerick, IrelandJob ID R032517 Date posted Sep. 11, 2019
Logistics Senior Advisor
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Logistics Senior Advisor on our Logistics team
In this fast-changing world, our customers need our latest technology – and they need it now. And that’s where our expert Logistics team within Materials and Procurement comes in. We’re tasked with getting products quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively to Dell customers. We work in partnership with fulfillment and logistics providers to ensure a visible service to our supply chain and smooth delivery services to end users.
As a Logistics Senior Advisor you will be responsible for focused on managing the outsourced Fulfillment & Logistics providers, business controls compliance and cost reporting and analysis.
• Strategic Carrier Management
• Operational reviews with leadership
• RFQ Transition Management
• Cost Savings programs conducting
• Leverage OTM capability (multi carrier)
• Delivery Operations Optimization
• Escalation/Excursion Management
• Degree qualifications; Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain / Logistics
• Knowledge of Supply Chain, IT systems, logistics, and fulfillment models
• 5 - 7 years relevant work experience required
• Understanding of supplier and competitor capabilities and processes
• Ability to present clear and concise information to team, internal customers, and external customers
• Ability to lead extended teams and meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate clearly through oral and written communications
• Strong project management skills. PMP Certification a plus
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the logistical skills and attention to detail to get our customers’ products to them on time, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.