Integration Development Senior Advisor (SRO)
Limerick, IrelandJob ID R99544 Date posted Feb. 28, 2019
Integration and Development Senior Advisor
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Cyber Security team at Dell, we are looking for a Security Integration and Development Senior Advisor to join our team in Limerick, Ireland.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Reporting to the Cybersecurity Assurance and Remediation organization, the Security Analysis Sr. Advisor is a subject matter expert in evaluating, designing and developing custom software solutions. In collaboration with other Dell business units, the Security Analysis Sr. Advisor will support Cybersecurity efforts by analyzing requirements and developing innovative, custom software solutions. The Security Analysis Sr. Advisor will participate in solution development in all stages from planning and design to development and testing. The Security Analysis Sr. Advisor completes documentation and procedures for installation, maintenance and user training.
- Leads or participates in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software solutions.
- Manages or utilizes software that is built and implemented as a solution, using best-in-class development process/lifecycle management (ex: Agile, DevOps).
- Gathers business requirements and participates in product definition and feature prioritization, including usability studies. Enforce enterprise information assurance and security standards.
- Leads the testing and fixing of new or enhanced solutions. Creates technical documentation of software solutions, assists with the development and review of end user and technical end user documentation.
- Drives idea generation for new software products, or for the next version of an existing product.
- Responsible for the delivery of solutions within budget, schedule and quality guidelines. Works with the team to develop, maintain, and communicate current development schedules, timelines and development status.
- Makes changes to software to correct errors in the original implementation and creates extensions to existing programs, adding new features or performance improvements. Designs and develops major functional or performance enhancements for existing solutions, or produces new solutions or tools
- 6+ years of software development experience, 2+ years of information security experience. Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related technical field or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong experience with Python, T-SQL, C#, PowerShell, Ruby on Rail, Linux programming
- Experience with API programming and tool integrations, strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience with designing, building and maintaining secure databases
- Experience building web applications with Java Script and modern web technologies (ex. Angular, ReactJS, REST)
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues. Able to code/debug and guide others to code/debug flexible, scalable and complex programs, using either written or verbal design specifications. Able to achieve mastery of new tools, languages and operating systems with some training and on-the-job experience.
- Customer-oriented with a strong interest in customer satisfaction.
- Familiarity with several Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance methodologies. Able to define and document how a specific Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance method will be used for specific projects.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.