Deployment Solutions Engineer
Limerick, IrelandJob ID R93219 Date posted Feb. 13, 2019
Deployment Technologies Consultant
Location: Ireland, elsewhere in Europe
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Deployment Technologies Consultant on our Configuration Services team in Ireland.
Our customers’ system requirements are usually highly complex. Bringing together hardware and software systems design, Systems Development Engineering operates at the very cutting edge of technology to meet them. We design and develop electronic and electro-mechanical or systems-orientated products, conduct feasibility studies on engineering proposals and prepare installation, operation and maintenance specifications and instructions. We’re proud to deliver programs and products to the highest quality standards, on time and within budget.
Dell's configuration and deployment services teams are on the cutting edge of systems deployment, combining the latest in deployment technology (Autopilot, Workspace One, SCM) with cloud, network and virtualization technology to deliver an unparalleled deployment experience. The deployment services team is seeking a creative technologist to build the next generation of Dell's deployment services capabilities.
- Develop the next generation of system deployment tools and technologies for Dell, integrating industry products (SCCM, Autopilot, workspace one) with Dell service offerings.
- Drive enhancement of existing capabilities in the deployment services offer portfolio, leveraging networking, virtualization and process expertise to build new capabilities.
- Define the core technology, security, customer and engineering workflows to deliver an outstanding deployment experience to Dells customers.
- Provide top tier support on networking and virtualization technologies to the offer engineering and customer engagement teams.
- Deep subject matter expert on Networking, VPN technology, Network security, SonicWALL products.
- Excellent practical and theoretical knowledge of virtualization, specifically MS Hyper-V & VM Ware products.
- Good project management and product delivery skills, Excellent communication, collaboration, operational management, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Solid foundation in industry deployment technologies (SCCM, Autopilot, Workspace one).
- High attention to detail, diligent, conscientious, security focused.
- 8+ Years experience in technical competencies (Virtualization, Networking, SCCM, Security).
- Relevant Industry Certifications (Security, Networking, Deployment Technology, Virtualization)
- Experience leading product or offer development teams
- Experience leading customer facing teams
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you would thrive in a combined hardware and software design function, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 1 Mar 2019
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.