Cybersecurity Consulting Senior Advisor
Limerick, IrelandJob ID R62756 Date posted May. 22, 2019
Cyber Security Consultant Senior Advisor
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Advisor on our Cyber Security team in Limerick, Ireland.
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for consulting with internal business and peer Cybersecurity teams providing guidance on Infrastructure network security, design requirements, Dell policies and standards and risk associated with initiatives and policy deviation. The ideal candidate will also need to provide procedural guidance to facilitate project execution in accordance with Dell consulting practice and be able to articulate compliance implications of design decisions in infrastructure designs.
This role requires strong security solution consulting experience in all phases of Cybersecurity Infrastructure and applications. The Cybersecurity Solution Consulting team ensures customer satisfaction through professional engagement and use of a risk-based approach. This role interacts with all levels of the organization, particularly within the Global IT organization and is viewed as a subject matter expert.
- Consults with internal teams and provides guidance and/or solutions on:
- Secure Development Practices and Application/Infrastructure Network Security
- Infrastructure Design Requirements
- Risk associated with initiatives and policy deviation requests
- Compliance implications of design decisions in application and infrastructure designs
- Manages policy exception requests through standard review and dispensation processes.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through professional consulting engagement and use of a risk-based approach
- Investigates complex, and sometimes historic practices/solutions to determine gaps and needed improvements and facilitates migration to a preferred state.
- Works with Business and Sr. Management as required and facilitate resolution to challenging business problems/objectives in a secure way.
- Develops and maintain comprehensive documentation of engagements performed and risks and/or issues identified.
- Performs other duties as required
- Advanced knowledge of application and network security concepts including technologies and frameworks.
- Ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily-understood, authoritative and actionable manner.
- Must work well with others as part of larger team and be able to collaborate on cross functional teams.
- Understands, applies and may adapt fundamental concepts, practices and procedures for diverse engagement types.
- Broad understanding of secure coding practices and standard code defect issues such as un-validated input, SQL injection, X-Site Scripting, hard coded credentials, etc. and their implications to system security state.
- Experience with system Threat Modelling (preferably to STRIDE methodology)
- Experience with Cloud Security Architectures (AWS, VMWare Air, VirtuStream, OpenStack, Azure, RackSpace or others) including deployment of security designs and Cloud Native Application Security
- CISSP or similar certification preferred
- Proven track record in Information Security and IT
- B.S. Degree in IT or equivalent
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Closing date: Taking applications today!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.