Senior Advisor, Vulnerability Scanning and Tools (SRO)
Limerick, IrelandJob ID R76055 Date posted May. 23, 2019
Vulnerability Scanning and Tools Senior Advisor, Cyber Security
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Vulnerability dvisor on our Cyber Security team in Limerick, Ireland.
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
We are currently seeking a Vulnerability Scanning & Tools Senior Advisor to join our Security & Resiliency team. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting & managing vulnerability scanning tools and technologies in an enterprise environment.
· Plan and execute vulnerability and compliance scans across the IT infrastructure and product environments
· Ensure an active assessment capability across all Dell networks and infrastructure together with IT and engineering teams to improve the capability and quality of scanning activities where necessary
· Troubleshooting of false positives and verification of vulnerability fixes.
· Adapts and evolves vulnerability scanning processes and procedures based on internal customer or business partner feedback
· Develops and implements automated and continues scanning techniques to better support IT and application teams
· Exhibits good understanding of vulnerability validation, re-production, and remedy advice and vulnerability research skills. Cultivates the practice of staying abreast on latest trends and developments in vulnerability scanning tools and solutions, threat intelligence and remediation activities followed across industry
· Contributes to the vulnerability scanning and tools program through delivery of end results and contribution to future planning based on industry evolution and internal IT and application teams’ requirements
· A degree in Information Technology, Information Security or related major; with a proven track record in the field of cybersecurity
· Technical experience with any of the enterprise scanning tools (Nexpose, Tenable IO, Qualys, Twistlock
· Ability to understand and consult on CIS and DISA STIG benchmarks
· Understanding and knowledge of OWASP tools and methodologies and security attack vectors
· Experience in threat and vulnerability management, and penetration testing
· Experience with programming and scripting languages (such as Python, Java Script etc.)
· Good technical aptitude, problem solving and ability to quickly learn and master new topics and domains
· Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
· Collaborative / team player, self-driven independent and customer-oriented
· Excellent written and communication skills
· CISSP or similar certification advantageous
· Candidates must be able to work independently and demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Closing date: Taking applications today!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.