,Paris La Defense Cedex,France, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1909716 Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
Location: Paris, France
Duration: 6 months
Start date: January/February 2020
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 24,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
VMware’s Sales team focuses on two primary goals: helping customers solve their biggest business problems and hitting our bookings targets to keep our company growing and strong. We begin by forging deep relationships with our customers, so we can truly understand their business challenges and opportunities. We help drive their digital transformation by bringing VMware solutions that provide the speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow in the Internet economy. We also try to make the world a better place by hosting and participating in community activities.
Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers' biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference with VMware's portfolio of industry-leading solutions. Join our team, and you can start your career and share in the success of an industry pioneer that's turning companies into truly digital enterprises.
The French VMware Sales team is aligned to VMware’s field and inside sales organizations and you will build strong relationships both internally and externally to contribute to achieving our objectives. You will perform and gain exposure to account management and pivotal support functions within the sales team.
Your role will be dynamic and cross-functional, encompassing sales campaign development and lead management, contacting and qualifying customer opportunities, and collaborating both within the sales team to provide general sales and marketing support. The role is designed to provide business-to-business sales skills and practice. Interns will leave with a full understanding of VMware Value Selling methodology.
This program is ideal for students passionate about professional sales roles and could potentially lead to successful admission into the Graduate VMware Academy (VA) and a long term field sales position.
- To support VMware sales teams, specialists, as well as field and front line channel sales with lead management, campaign support, and business plan execution.
- To support the Sales team in all activities aimed to design, develop and execute sales campaigns, customer interaction, and professional development.
- To ensure compliance of VMware sales metrics and key performance indices. Be a sales advocate & partner to internal organizations to both facilitate and understand complex sales issues.
- To complete special project work and other reporting as needed.
- University Bachelor/Master's student
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Strong work ethic and curiosity paired with enthusiasm for new challenges and a willingness to try new approaches
- Comfortable with international, cross-functional teams working
- Willingness to develop business insight and interpersonal skills
- Proven PC skills with Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills
- Understanding of the IT market landscape is an advantage
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.