Account Manager, based in Paris
La Defense, FranceJob ID R1907140 Date posted May. 31, 2019
The Account Manager is an exciting senior sales position responsible for developing and closing large ‘strategic sales’ opportunities within a specific Commercial sales accoutn list.
The key objective therefore will be for you to develop, manage and accurately forecast their opportunities to improve VMware sales from their specific accounts.
There will be a revenue quota for the territory – as such, the Account Manager will be developing, building and leading a virtual team associated with the defined territory. [NB: This would typically include the TPBM, aligned Sales Specialists, pooled SE’s, Marketing and Business Operations).
The AM will, therefore, implement a plan to achieve this objective. This plan will include improving sales and alignment coverage, partner mapped and SPBM engagement – as well as identifying the routes to market for the strategic sales opportunities within that territory.
As part of our team, you will:
- Liaise closely with TPBM to improve territory coverage and build strategic deal demand in the assigned territory.
- Own and exceed the strategic deal revenue quota. This includes accurately forecasting sales within the territory. Provide forecasting and update account/opportunity detail in Salesforce.com
- Engage directly with the end customer during the sales cycle. Understanding and establishing relationships with key contacts within the customers and relevant partners
- Sell VMware solution as a ‘platform’ within an account and change the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a ‘cost burden’ to a strategic deployment
- Match the VMware solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Execute solution selling to existing opportunities and explore ways to up sell and cross sell into that opportunity
- Manage complex enterprise sales campaigns while leading a diverse set of partners within the same account
- To be successful, you will need to:
- Demonstrate experience in enterprise software sales with a consistent track record of over achieving sales goals; successful sales background in infrastructure software sales
- Ideally, have experience in direct sales – especially at CxOs level
- Have strong acumen for detailing the business benefits of the sometimes quite technical solutions within the portfolio
- Possess an ability to work as part of an extended team
- Have significant record of accomplishment in selling in software or infrastructure environment
- Be an adept in handling multiple opportunities at a time
- Be able to articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of both the company and products and secure long-term engagements
- Communicate complex ideas and strategies
- Think strategically and tactically
- Be able to forecast accurately
- Have experience of working in a channel environment
- Have good presentation skills - as well as strong relationship skill, tenacity, resilience and inter-personal skills
- Have a strong knowledge of consultative sales that gets results
- Be high energy person and a motivated self-starter
- Be a dynamic presenter with the ability to translate technical thoughts to everyday language.
- Focus on results with ability to follow through - Consistent record of meeting/exceeding sales objectives and targets
- Have good attention to detail
Ad hoc information:
The role, responsibilities and geographical focus will change and develop over time along with the company’s rapid growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.