Kaunas, LithuaniaJob ID R83682 Date posted Jan. 11, 2019
LT - Kaunas
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Virtustream is trusted by enterprises and public sector organizations around the world to run and manage their mission-critical applications in the cloud. The company’s infrastructure-as-a-service solutions are built to address the complete spectrum of enterprise workloads, support hybrid cloud architectures with seamless integration into on-premises private clouds, and offer a full-stack management capability of infrastructure and application managed services that span on- and off-premises infrastructure. Virtustream is headquartered in McLean, Virginia and with innovation and development centers in Atlanta, Germany, Sofia, Bulgaria, and India. The company has sales and delivery offices in Hopkinton, Draper, Cork, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Seoul, and Sydney with data center locations around the world.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic DevOps Engineer. As our new DevOps Engineer, you will be in charge of the all developer operations including 1) Continuous Delivery operations of CSP offerings, 2) Source management architecture and process, 3) Specification and documentation of deployments with business analyst. In addition, you will be developing new features and writing scripts for automation using a variety of technologies. Provide technical or analytical leadership for specific engagements in order to deliver enterprise cloud solutions to specific enterprises, service providers, and Virtustream cloud platforms.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize open source container technologies such as Consul, Docker, Swarm, RedHat OpenShift
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions such as Ansible and vRO
- Write scripts and automation using Python, PowerShell, etc
- Configure & manage data sources such as Postgres, S3, etc
- VMWare vCenter/vSphere/ESXi operation knowledge
- Understand how IT operations are securely managed
- Manage source control including GIT, TeamCity
- Assist in the design of Dell/EMC/VMWare/Virtustream solutions and participates in its development, customization, and integration across products of moderate and large scale and complexity.
- Responsible for coordinating with technical teams and managing the technical convergence of design, build, and deployment.
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables
- Innovative thinker with strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better
- Experience developing workflows using any automation tools (vRealize orchestrator experience is a plus)
- Background in Scrum/Kanban agile development methodology
- Familiarity with EMC and VMware products is a plus
- Ability to influence others to achieve results, consultative skills
- Ability to work as a team and to work diverse hours to support world-wide teams
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/ Mathematics/related field or equivalent experience
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.