Senior Advisor, Statutory Accounting
Jakarta, IndonesiaJob ID R041767 Date posted Nov. 14, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Advisor on our Statutory Accounting team in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Asia Pacific/Japan ("APJ") Statutory team is responsible for ensuring Dell meets all Statutory and Tax compliance requirements in APJ.
Working intimately with other APJ Statutory Accounting teams, Corporate Tax, Corporate Secretary and Legal, etc., this individual is critical in monitoring the Indonesia Statutory and Tax regulatory landscape and driving adherence.
Acting as the Indonesia in-country manager for the assigned legal entities and working on the Statutory and Tax processes, including:
- Main point of contact for all in-country engagements with the local accounting, tax and other regulatory authorities.
- Drive successful completion of all in-country accounting, tax and other regulatory audits.
- Ensure that all information provided to the tax and accounting authorities are complete and accurate.
- Bridge the accounting information from global functional teams with tax information and provide sufficient explanations to authorities.
- Review and ensure all reconciliations are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with business partners (accounting functional teams, etc.).
- Develop and maintain excellent Indonesia GAAP knowledge for Indonesia legal entities, being the subject matter expert to provide the guidance to statutory accountants.
- Drive process improvement projects.
- Lead, manage and coach in-country accounting and tax team members.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or professional qualification
- Minimum working experience of 8 years and above, preferably in an accounting/tax firm and/or MNC
- Strong knowledge of Indonesia GAAP and taxation rules
- Strong background in GL data extraction and analysis, financial statement preparation and review
- Good experience in handling tax authorities and responding to tax audits, queries, etc.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills and has great initiative
- Good communication and inter personal skills required
- Ability to work within tight operating deadlines
- Goal oriented results driven with a strong desire to see tasks through to completion.
- Proven experience in supporting cross-functional teams an advantage.
- Strong PC skills particularly Excel and PowerPoint. Oracle and/or SAP user knowledge is an added advantage
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities & translate same from concept to reality.