Cloud Platform Architect/Presales
Jakarta,Job ID 1920630 Date posted Oct. 24, 2019
About your potential future team: APJ Pivotal Platform (ex Pivotal Cloud Foundry) Presales team
A typical day in this role:
- Present Pivotal vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management.
- Work with sales team to develop and implement account penetration strategies and drive the adoption of Pivotal solutions within strategic accounts.
- Influence the adoption of the most fundamental change in the software development lifecycle in our industry.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Use knowledge of competitive solutions to help the sales and field engineering teams propose the most optimal solution for the customer
- Present and market the design and value of proposed Pivotal solution and business case to customers and prospects.
- Builds relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives.
- Configure and document Pivotal software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives. Participate in RFx and POCs. Complete required documentation.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Pivotal products.
- Travel within your assigned territory is required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience as a software pre-sales expert promoting DevOps and/or development tools
- Knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise or cloud-scale applications based on Java (or equivalent languages) required.
- Comfortable in Java, with significant experience with Java SE and Java EE
- Experience with the Spring Framework is a very strong asset
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers and infrastructure as a service
- Analytical ability, problem-solving skills and decision-making skills
- Customer-focused and results-driven
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
- Good command of spoken and written English
We really care about our employees and offer:
- Pivotal offers a very competitive compensation package (Salary + a generous RSU program)
- Benefits package (Retirement, Risk, Healthcare medical health insurance, Risk benefits, and other insured benefits)
- EAP (EmployeeAssistance Program) & Wellness
- Professional annual development allowance
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by half of the Fortune 500 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by and form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate and help our customers transform the way they build software.
Our way of working:
Agile, lean and domain driven design concepts are at the core of our process. We have a whole host of Pivotal Practices around reducing risk and getting value into the hands of users early. We are excited to teach these to you and innovate with you on their implementation.
So, do you want to join the Pivotal family? All interested candidates please apply now!
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.