Platform Architect (PCF)
ItalyJob ID 1537393 Date posted Feb. 07, 2019
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
- Present Pivotal vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
- Work with sales team to develop and implement account penetration strategies and drive the adoption of Pivotal solutions within strategic accounts.
- Influence the adoption of the most fundamental change in the software development lifecycle in our industry
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Use knowledge of competitive solutions to help the sales and field engineering teams propose the most optimal solution for the customer
- Present and market the design and value of proposed Pivotal solution and business case to customers and prospects.
- Builds relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives
- Configure and document Pivotal software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives. Participate in RFx and POCs. Complete required documentation.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Pivotal products
- Travel within your assigned territory is required (Italy & Europe South)
- At least 5 years’ experience as a software expert promoting DevOps and/or development tools
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and how they contrast with legacy / waterfall development practices
- Knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications based on Java (or equivalent languages) required.
- Experience with the Spring Framework (or similar Frameworks) is a very strong asset
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers and IaaS (GCP, Azure, AWS, etc)
- Analytical ability, problem-solving skills and decision-making skills
- Customer focused and results driven
- Technically curious with appetite to master emerging technologies (in both work and home capacity)
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Solid team working skills, with an ability to empathise with co-workers and clients
- Experience of whiteboarding presentations and complex concepts to technical and business audiences
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.