VDI Engineer- VMware VDI Horizon/Citrix
IsraelJob ID R65095 Date posted Apr. 28, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a VDI Engineer in our Delivery Specialists team.
Our Delivery Specialists are integral to getting things done for customers. When Dell is contracted to deliver services, anywhere around the world, Delivery Specialists make sure our innovative technical solutions meet specifications. They also plan, direct and coordinate the full range of organizational and technical activities required to deliver on our promises. Getting this right involves building up in-depth knowledge of clients’ priorities, challenges and initiatives as a trusted advisor. This also enables our team to identify potential sales opportunities. Together with colleagues in sales and Global SMEs, they develop strategic plans for account growth. The Delivery Specialist provides operational support and guidance to customers to support the management and use of EMC solutions.
People make Dell ? so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company?
- Manage day-to-day activities for the VDI environment based on VMware Horizon 7.x.
- Update and configure the various Windows 7 and Windows 10 master images
- Evaluates and analyzes systems, performance, issues and metrics in order to provide recommendations for service improvements
- Diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis for solutions and corresponding products within his/her area of expertise
- Leading project quality assurance activities, including performing technical QA reviews on components for a team and performing QA reviews of code documentation.
- Extensive experience in VMware VDI Horizon or Citrix
- Experience with servers and storage systems
- Desktop virtualization deployment and support experience of 2+ years
- Experience with Windows 7/ Windows 10 deployments and configurations
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM and Group Policy
- Ability to grasp new technology with little or no formal training
- Strong analysis and communication skills
- Experience with VMware Horizon 7.x Suite products – App Volumes, UEM, UAG, vIDM
- Experience with VMware Workspace One
- Experience with deploying, configuring and managing thin client products from Dell EMC or competitors
- VMware certification (VCP)
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.