Software Engineer 1 - IT
Hyderabad, IndiaJob ID R038323 Date posted Oct. 10, 2019
Job Title: Software Engineer 1-IT (I5); Hyderabad
Dell IT Overview:
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Principal Software Engineer on our Dell Digital & IT team in Hyderabad, India
About Business Unit:
Dell is hiring a Software Engineering Leader who will be responsible for delivering programs in a dynamic, fast paced, scalable agile eCommerce environment. The team needs individual with deep online knowledge to guide and deliver a high-volume, highly personalized online experience. We are looking for the candidates who have a strong background in Enterprise/Systems/Application Architecture, with proven abilities to innovate and be creative.
- Creates design specifications for high availability and highly scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers.
- Works with clients and Business Analysts to determine software requirements and system impacts
- Generates technical documentation as well as unit and functional tests
- Investigates new technologies and techniques and researches ongoing industry developments
- Works closely with the global development team, Solution Architects and leads in the group
- 3+ years of related experience building web portals and/or ecommerce applications using Microsoft technologies
- Understanding of object-oriented programming & SOLID principles
- Experience with distributed version control (ex: Git)
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information effectively to both IT and business audiences
- Knowledge & experience using Agile software development methodology
- Familiar with Unit Test, Mock, Test Driven Development etc.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.