Senior Software Engineer - Secureworks - Hyderabad, India
Hyderabad, IndiaJob ID R052222 Date posted Jan. 09, 2020
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer. ™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
The Software Senior Engineer will be a key member of the engineering team, responsible for designing, developing, and testing software in a multi-platform environment using cutting-edge technologies. The engineer will work with product management and clients to ensure we produce high quality products that exceed expectations. This is a challenging and also very rewarding position where interesting projects in security are implemented in order to protect our clients from intrusions.
- Gathers business requirements and participates in product definition and feature prioritization
- Contributes to the design and architecture of new or re-engineered software environments
- Prepares written software specifications for complex products from architectural diagrams and documents
- Develops, tests and integrates code for new or existing software of significant complexity
- Troubleshoots reliability, availability, and performance issues
- Develops and reviews design, functional, technical and/or user documentation, as needed
- Develops, reviews, analyses and implements test strategies for software products and solutions.
8 to 10 years in J2EE or Full Stack based application development. Must have applied knowledge of design patterns needed for building microservices for performance and scale. Must have experience of front-end application development using java-script frameworks and toolkits.
- Proficient with JAVA and RESTful web services
- Proficient with ActiveMQ, Zookeeper, EH Cache, DROOL Rules
- Proficient with Node.js, OpenWhisk, 3Scale
- Proficient with Relational databases, SQL, Persistence framework - iBatis
- Proficient with cloud computing and containers – AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with one or more of Java based web application frameworks – SpringMVC, Struts
- Proficient with unit testing tools and frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito
- Proficient with understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration (Ansible experience is preferred)
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum process is preferred.
- Software product development
- Technical knowledge and understanding of distributed systems
- Proven solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Technology
Secureworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.