User Experience (UX) Researcher - Austin, TX DellDesign
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R75516 Date posted May. 16, 2019
User Experience (UX) Researcher – Austin, TX (Round Rock,TX, Hopkinton, MA, or Louisville, CO)
Do you live and breathe Design? Is finding key concepts hidden deep inside real-world contexts second nature to you? Feel compelled to “design things right” in your everyday life…just for the sake of it? If you are eager to inform and guide elegant Design solutions to complex problems that change the status quo, then please then read on. We’re looking for highly talented design and user experience professionals to join our team, the Experience Design Group, to help us create industry changing designs for Dell, transform IT for companies, and mold the digital future for us all. This opportunity builds on the heritage of Dell and EMC, and their worldwide presence, to lead the next evolution of computing, cloud and data technologies.
Dell is seeking top talent for a User Experience Researcher to be part of our Experience Design Group team in Austin, TX
We are seeking usability experts that have the confidence to design and lead research to understand user groups, their tasks, work environments, mental models, competitive landscape, and the rapidly evolving data landscape.
The User Experience Researcher will use usability tools and research methods to design and conduct qualitative and quantitative studies in order to understand users and improve product usability and usefulness. The candidate will work closely with designers, product managers and engineers to identify and prioritize research opportunities and approaches. Responsibilities include designing and conducting studies, analyzing and reporting results, and providing recommendations.
As Dell continues to grow our Experience Design Group, we are continuing to connect with top talent to assist us in our transformation. If you feel you have the background and have an interest in joining this dynamic team, please apply and add your resume and portfolio link for review. We will look forward to discussing this opportunity further as we determine the needs of our team! Check out our various US studio locations at: http://www.dell.com/design.
- Bachelor’s in Human Factors, Psychology, or a related discipline
- 8+ years of industry experience conducting user research using various methods and working in team with developers and designers
- Solid knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction, experimental design, observational, and field methods and data analysis
- Experience with a broad range of data collection and analytical techniques such as survey construction/analysis, UI prototype development, usability testing, focus group facilitation, and qualitative/observational methods, ethnography, and quantitative statistical data analysis
- Ability to synthesize and summarize findings within and across studies and participants, identify key insights and opportunities, and work with designers to turn them into great user experiences
- Ability to drive success in an engineering-driven organization (this is not an engineering position, but technical knowledge is very helpful)
- Submission of portfolio or Curriculum Vitae with application/resume
- MS or PhD in Human Factors, Psychology, or similar discipline plus 6+ years of experience in UX Research
- Deep understanding consumer computing products and trends
- Experience working on hardware /software ecosystems
- Ability to influence teams and executives
Listen. Learn. Deliver. That’s what we’re about.
Dell empowers countries, communities, customers and people everywhere to use technology to realize their dreams. Customers trust us to deliver technology solutions that help them do and achieve more, whether they’re at home, work, school or anywhere in their world. Learn more about our story, purpose and people behind our customer-centric approach.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.