Staff Revenue Accountant
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R87822 Date posted Jan. 24, 2019
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Virtustream is trusted by enterprises and public sector organizations around the world to run and manage their mission-critical applications in the cloud. The company’s infrastructure-as-a-service solutions are built to address the complete spectrum of enterprise workloads, support hybrid cloud architectures with seamless integration into on-premises private clouds, and offer a full-stack management capability of infrastructure and application managed services that span on- and off-premises infrastructure. Virtustream is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland with innovation and development centers in Palo Alto, Atlanta, Waldorf, Germany; Sofia, Bulgaria and Bangalore, India. The company has sales and delivery offices in Hopkinton, Dallas, Cork, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo and Sydney with data center locations around the world.
The Staff Revenue Accountant will play an important role in the day to day revenue processes. This position will be critical in high growth software company to ensure accurate revenues are reported each period and processes are streamlined. It will also be critical in ensuring ongoing ASC 606 compliance. The Staff Revenue Accountant must be able to collaboratively work with both revenue team, sales and business operation groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and post month end journal entries across all global entities
- Maintain detailed and accurate reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Assist with the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the company’s revenue recognition software.
- Provide assistance with internal and external audit requirements as needed
- Responsible for ad hoc projects within finance departments.
- BS in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or related field or equivalent experience
- Have excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively interact with senior management and individuals with varying degrees of financial knowledge
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Public accounting experience a plus
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.