Software Sr Engineer - NextGen Security
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R032767 Date posted Sep. 17, 2019
Dell EMC is multinational company, leading worldwide storage market. Dell EMC’s mid-range storage product is one of the fastest-growing storage and data management products in the mid-range market. Its security engineering group is looking for a highly motivated and talented Senior Software Engineer with solid Java, Java Script and C, C++, programming skills and strong computer security background to enhance our next generation products with embedded security features. We adopt and adhere to the most effective processes and cutting edge technologies such as SLACK, GIT, Jenkins, and foster a culture of excellence and innovation. Come join our team today!
Location Hopkinton Ma
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a [Sr Engineer] on our [NextGen] team in [Hopkinton Ma].
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Design and develop features including but not limited to data encryption and application security for the storage product.
- Perform security assessments for existing and upcoming features/infrastructure.
- Improve the storage product to meet security compliance requirement
- Support and facilitate security related compliance validation testing
- Collaborate cross functionally with other engineering groups globally
- Research new technologies, prototype solutions and ensure the product remains current with the state of the practice for security
- 5+ years of hands-on SW development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Experience with APIs: REST, SOAP and other integrations.
- BS / MS, or equivalent experience required
- Knowledge of Linux, containers, and other virtualization technology a plus
- 2-4 years of experience with security concept and practices
- Security Certificate such as CEH, CISSP, Security+ is a plus
- Knowledge of cryptographic concepts, information and network security a plus
- Familiarity with security standards and compliance
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.